Adath Jeshurun Congregation in Minnetonka is seeking to hire a Sunday School K-2nd grade “B’Yachad” Director. Do you have what it takes?
This is a part-time position which will average 4-6hr/wk (Sundays 2.5hr/day and the remainder during the week in the Gan/Education office for preparation). The B’Yachad Director reports directly to the Director of Jewish Learning (DJL) and will receive consistent support and supervision in this position. Together the pair will develop a year of strong education for the children, family and staff.
Program Responsibilities include:
- Working with the DJL to fulfill the mission, vision, and values of Adath: This includes following through with the guidelines stated in the Education Strategic Plan and the synagogue’s Bold Statements. The B’Yachad Director will work diligently to strengthen the curriculum with a benchmark system for each grade (this will be done in partnership with the DJL, the VP of Primary Education and a subcommittee of lay leaders that is already in place as of 2011/2012 school year).
- Supervise and educate the teaching staff and music/tefillah specialist.
- Develop strong relationships with all families of the program, meeting with parents when necessary and helping orchestrate education plans for all students (this includes follow up on attendance, class progress and overall evaluation of each grade).
- Provide a broad vision for the specifics of each school year’s Jewish themes to teachers, engaging their essential input, and reinforcing the themes each week.
- Work with the DJL to plan and implement all programs for children and staff.
- Work with the DJL to plan and implement staff training when necessary (minimum one during the beginning of the year).
- Work with the DJL to plan any other community/family programs that are appropriate.
- Recommend staff growth and development, including suggesting proper hiring and firing of teaching staff to the DJL.
- Write weekly e-mail communications to parents, summarizing the past week’s activities and announcing events, themes, or special programs coming up. This will be electronically handled via the DJL’s Administrator.
- Attend all Primary Education Committee meetings per year to provide input on key policy decisions and to keep lay leadership informed about the program.
- Consistently seek the DJL for support and meet periodically to plan and discuss the program and other needs, such as child behavior and classroom management.
Must have experience planning and implementing educational programming, working with children and coordinating staff.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Filed Under: Jewish Jobs