Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Minneapolis is looking for a full-time communications specialist. Do you have what it takes?
Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Minneapolis is seeking a full-time Communications Specialist. The purpose of this position is to communicate JFCS’ mission, services and accomplishments to the public, thereby creating a positive image and increasing the community’s use and support of JFCS.
- Plans, designs, and coordinates multiple external print, social media, and electronic communications. Writes, edits, and arranges for the production of agency brochures, flyers, posters, etc., to be circulated.
- Develops communication plans for JFCS programs, prioritizing projects to fulfill current needs and objectives.
- Plans and coordinates the agency’s non-print public relations projects, including displays, audio- visual presentations, etc.
- Writes and distributes press releases to publicize agency events and to encourage the public to avail themselves of JFCS’ services and programs.
- Seeks opportunities to provide recognition for the agency.
- Serves as a resource person to JFCS’ staff in communications matters (edits written communications, suggests ways to communicate news and programs).
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or related field.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years experience in public relations related position.
SKILLS: Must possess strong design and writing skills. Creative skill set should include proficiency in Illustrator, InDesign, PhotoShop, and WordPress. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, must be competent in use of Mac platform computer applications. Must be able to work with staff and vendors and to manage several projects at once. Must be able to multitask and meet fixed deadlines. Knowledge of Jewish culture is preferred. Experience with editorial and portrait photography and video editing a plus.
Benefits: This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to Tammy Cohen, Director of Human Resources. Email HumanResources@jfcsmpls.org or fax to 952-546-1679. Please specify the position you are applying for. For more information on this position, see www.jfcsmpls.org.
Filed Under: Jewish Jobs