Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Minneapolis is looking for an Accounting Manager. Do you have what it takes?
Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Minneapolis is seeking an Accounting Manager. This position is responsible for managing the agency’s financial reporting. This includes preparing the agency’s financial reports, ensuring that journal entries are timely and accurate, handling complex journal entries, and ensuring appropriate documentation. This position assists in managing the financial audit and preparation of the 990 and other special projects throughout the year. This position works closely with the CFO and agency bookkeepers and acts as a back-up for other accounting functions.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and other reports.
- Manage monthly accounting processes including account and sub-ledger reconciliations, reviews and closing procedures.
- Perform monthly accounting for Endowment and restricted grants.
- Assist in managing annual audit, 990 and other audits.
- Participate in training staff and continuous improvement in department processes. Develop and implement new procedures as needed.
EDUCATION: BS in Accounting, or BS/BA in related field plus two years of college-level accounting coursework.
EXPERIENCE: Three or more years of related experience, including experience with financial statement preparation.
SKILLS: Experience and strong aptitude with automated accounting systems. Experience with Financial Edge or Raiser’s Edge highly desirable. Advanced Excel skills. Able to establish priorities and handle multiple assignments with tight deadlines.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to Tammy Cohen, Director of Human Resources. Email HumanResources@jfcsmpls.org or fax to 952.593.1778. Please specify the position you are applying for. For more information on this position, see www.jfcsmpls.org. AA/EEO
(Photo: brizzle born and bred)
Filed Under: Jewish Jobs