This is a guest post by Jen Abzug Zaligson, Development Associate at the Sabes JCC.
Before you visit the Sabes JCC’s online auction at Bidding for Good, check out our cheat sheet of some of the coolest items! Then, bid on these and others, with an auction featuring more than sixty items in every price range. Buy something from a place you often frequent or try a giftcard for a restaurant you’ve always wanted to visit.
Funds raised from the auction supports the wide array of life enriching JCC programs that make a positive impact on the lives of individuals and families in our community such as camp scholarships, hot lunch & activities for seniors, art and film.
- OMe OMy Sweaty Bag: Buy a locally-produced item, be eco-friendly, and stop schlepping workout clothes around in plastic bags from the grocery store, all at the same time. It’s a win-win-win, for you, your clothes, and your philanthropic spirit. Plus, the bag is quite cute.
- Hamilton Ventura Watch: In keeping with the theme of our benefit, we’re auctioning off a watch made famous by one of the best-known guys from the 50s/60s. Elvis himself (when he was still Sexy Elvis) wore this watch in “Blue Hawaii,” and an anniversary edition was recently produced. A throwback to old school design, wearing this watch will seriously make you look as swank as Elvis.
- Blue Plate Restaurant Group Gift Card: You know their restaurants, you love their restaurants. Stop in for happy hour at The Lowry, sip vino at Scusi (voted best wine list by City Pages), or take a lunch break for a smoked salmon flatbread at Edina Grill.
- One night stay at the Hotel Minneapolis: Book it for your birthday, an anniversary, or just as an excuse to have an after party spot close to your favorite downtown bars.
- Bryant Lake Bowl: Make The Dude proud and bowl a few games at Bryant Lake Bowl. The giftcard is also good for food, so if you get hungry throwing strikes you can always take a break with a reuben or burger.
- Blow Dry Boot Camp at Jon Charles Salon: You and up to 24 friends with equally unmanageable hair can head in to Jon Charles Salon for their famous blow dry boot camp. Learn the tools and tricks of how to properly dry your hair and make it look like the stuff dreams are made of. (Guaranteed hot dates after this lesson not included in purchase price.)
- Psychic reading by Suzanne Krupp: Yes, a psychic reading. A bonus: If you try to make contact with your grandparents, they’ll be so happy to know speaking with them is helping to support the Jewish community. What a mitzvah, you little shayne punim.
- Brunch at Santorini Taverna and Grill: Wake up for the best meal of the week and put on your Sunday best (or more likely, the jeans and flip flops closest to your bed) for an extravagant brunch buffet. In the summer, Santorini’s has an expansive patio for enjoying your brunch and mimosas in the sun, so enjoy your hangover in style.
- Bibelot gift card: head over to this adorable shop in Linden Hills, Grand Ave, Como and Northeast to buy the perfect gift for your friends, and be sure to leave with something for yourself, too. Earth-friendly kitchen wares, purses and messenger bags by Baggallini, a slew of locally made products, and way, way more.
- Black Alligator Money Clip by M-Clip: True, alligator isn’t kosher to eat, but it sure looks fancy in a money clip. Stainless steel and alligator combine in this clip to make your cash look even better.
In addition to all of the auction items online, there are 100 more items available to bid on at the live event Thursday, May 3rd! For information on the Annual Benefit [co-sponsored by TC Jewfolk] or to purchase tickets, visit www.sabesjcc.org.
Filed Under: Jew To Do