TC Jewfolk is looking for an Arts and Culture Writer for Theatre and Stage Performances. The ideal candidate will have experience writing for publication in the arts and an in-depth knowledge of the local and national theatre scene.
- Write intelligent and engaging reviews of performances as well as occasional interviews with writers, producers and actors who are of interest to the Twin Cities’ Jewish community
- Work with editor to promote article and engage readers
- Review at least one to two performances per month
- Able to review at least one to two shows per/month
- Experience writing for publication, either online or print
- Availability to see performances nights and weekends
- Quick turnaround on theatre reviews
- Familiarity with WordPress and online content management systems, knowledge of HTML and Photoshop preferred, but not required
- Background in drama or stage performance or knowledge of local theatre preferred
- Compensation is per/article published.
- Free tickets to performances and other cultural events
How to Apply:
- Please send a sample of your writing, links or attachments, cover letter and resume to [email protected].
- Applications will be accepted until position is filled
This position was made possible in part with support from the Howard B. & Ruth F. Brin Jewish Arts Endowment, a fund of the Minneapolis Jewish Federation’s Foundation, and Rimon: The Minnesota Jewish Arts Council, an initiative of the Minneapolis Jewish Federation.