Preschool Teacher and Infant Teacher Positions
Bet Shalom Yeladim
Open until filled
Bet Shalom Yeladim is a Reform Jewish preschool that provides an excellent and nurturing educational experience for young children six weeks to five years of age. Through Jewish values, literacy, mathematics, and science we prepare children for kindergarten and a lifetime of education and development. Teachers and rabbis welcome children and families of diverse backgrounds into Bet Shalom’s family of friends.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes a warm and inviting climate in the classroom
- Plans, develops and implements daily lesson plans that include; best practices, developmentally appropriate practices, educational, enrichment and Judaic activities for children.
- Plans and arranges classroom into distinctive learning areas to promote an effective learning environment.
- Screens and assesses children to determine developmental/educational needs.
- Develops and implements individual education plans to comply with specific program needs.
- Monitors meal and snack periods, classroom activities, restroom activities and playground activities to ensure a safe environment for all children.
- Documents student progress.
- Plans classroom activities for parent and community volunteers.
- Attends and participates in workshops and other training meetings to acquire and disseminate information.
- Communicates effectively with parents, staff, community and students to enhance community relationships.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by Director.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
2+ years in a childcare or school setting and high school diploma
1+ year in a childcare setting or school setting with a Bachelors or Child Development Associates Degree
How To Apply:
Email resume to Amber Brumbaugh at [email protected]