Administrative Executive Assistant
Part-time; 25-30 hours per week
$24,000-$35,000 per year
Open until filled
Talmud Torah of Minneapolis is a Jewish supplementary school located in the Sabes Jewish Community Center campus (St. Louis Park, Minnesota) that meets on Monday through Thursday afternoons/evenings and on Sunday mornings. Students range from second to eighth grade. Talmud Torah is a vibrant school with more than 125 years of history.
As the Administrative Assistant at Talmud Torah of Minneapolis, you will be responsible for professional interactions with our school community and have a significant impact on the operations and public perception of the school. You will also be responsible for performing clerical duties and basic bookkeeping tasks to support financial operations under the supervision of financial leadership.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a positive ‘first impression’ of the school; greet students, parents, and community members, and answer and direct incoming daily incoming/outgoing mail, email, and phone messages in a timely and professional manner
- Provide administrative support for our Head of School, lay leadership, faculty, and staff, as well as support for ongoing programming, school events, and fundraising
- Organize and maintain the school’s resources and workspaces
- Develop and proof communications, both internally and to the greater community
- Work with Head of School to create/update/manage registration, tuition, and other forms as needed
- Update information and manage school databases
- Partner with our Marketing and Communications team, Finance Director, and Board of Directors as needed
- Keep all distribution lists up to date
- Collect and process incoming checks, donations, tuition payments, and perform other basic financial duties in coordination with our Finance Director
- Update donor lists and generate thank you notes and tributes/memorials in a timely manner
- Input deposits, cash disbursements, and receipts into Quickbooks and generate reports as needed
- Complete other administrative tasks as necessary
Experience and Qualifications Requirements:
- Ability to collaborate and work cooperatively with others
- Detail-oriented, with demonstrated ability to perform accurate work
- Excellent people skills
- Efficient, organized, and resourceful
- Self-starter who can work well with limited direction
- Ability to organize workload and prioritize projects
- Excellent proofreader
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Proficient in 123 Formbuilder, Mailchimp, FACTS/RenWeb (including DonorConnect), GSuite and Gmail, Windows, MacOS, iOS, Quickbooks or similar programs
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive applications, and the capability to learn new databases
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Canva Design Software, and Wix web design or similar platform (Squarespace, Weebly, WordPress)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Talmud Torah of Minneapolis has a small, dedicated, passionate staff who work in a professional yet friendly and casual environment. This position allows for interactions with other school staff, campus partners, community partners, families, and students.
Regular in-person hours during the academic year are Sundays from 8 a.m.-12:15 p.m., Mondays 5-8:15 p.m., Tuesdays from 3-6:45 p.m., Wednesdays from 3-9 p.m, and Thursdays from 3-6:46 p.m. with additional remote hours equalling a total of approximately 25-30 hours per week. There is the possibility of flexible hours when school is not in session and over the summer. Salary wage ranges from $24,000-$35,000 based upon experience.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jody Moreimi, Head of School, [email protected].