Open until filled
We are seeking a person with skills and ambition to become part of our team for our congregation in St. Paul, Minnesota. The ideal candidate will be well-organized, detail-oriented, embody a willingness to learn, and a desire to relate to many people.
This position provides administrative support to our Clergy, this person will be in our office Tuesday-Friday and work from home on Mondays. Along with all staff, they will be a welcoming presence to all guests and congregants.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will be experienced and excited about the following duties:
- Correspondence on behalf of clergy with congregants: Birthday and Anniversary letters, condolence letters, new member and thank you letters.
- Schedule appointments: Be the first point of contact to schedule a meeting with the Senior Rabbi.
- Maintain clergy files and memorabilia: Organizing historical documents for perpetuity.
- Ritual service booklets and service cards: Create, design and update ritual cards and programs. Assist with holiday preparations.
- Lifecycle events: Communicate with congregants about upcoming lifecycle events, produce certificates, and assist the clergy with preparations. Record life cycle events in record books and temple database.
- Coordinate materials for Adult Education courses: This includes tracking registrations and payments, creating a class list, maintaining email lists, working with the instructor to order and prepare any class materials, book orders, etc.
- Provide logistical support for retreats and other programs: travel and lodging coordination, preparing materials, and tracking registrations.
- Record keeping for two small checking accounts.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from clergy.
Experience and Qualifications Requirements:
- Superior attention to detail
- Organizational skills are a must, along with being resourceful and efficient
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a keen eye for proofreading
- Must be a proven self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Work independently as well as a part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple duties and projects is essential
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to respond to requests with a warm and caring attitude
- Be respectful and willing to help handle confidential information in a professional manner.
Education and Minimum Experience Requirements
- Associates or higher degree in a related field or three to five years of equivalent experience
- One to three years of executive assistant experience
- Microsoft Office 365: 3 years (required) – advanced technology proficiency with spreadsheet and database applications, presentation creation, and advanced word-processing and formatting.
- Zoom proficiency
- Knowledge of Judaism is a plus but not required
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Schedule: Monday to Friday: On Mondays, staff work remotely; Tuesday – Friday in the building.
How to Apply
Send resume to [email protected].