Director, Disability and Aging Services
The Aging and Disability Services Director is a full time position responsible for assisting, directing, establishing, promoting and maintaining specific programs and initiatives within the Aging and Disability Services Department at Jewish Family Service of St. Paul (JFS). Works with and directs the activities of two managers in the department. Oversees management of the department including budgeting, funding and public relations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages, oversees and coordinates all aspects of Aging and Disability Services (ADS) including, but not limited to: operations planning, scheduling, execution, monitoring and controlling costs, budget, grants management, grant writing, special projects, evaluation and mentoring and training staff in the department.
- Effectively communicates with the ADS team, other JFS colleagues, and wider community.
- Develops and implements operations strategies that improve client care objectives.
- Collaborates with members of ADS departments, including supporting professional development of individuals and team as a whole.
- Maintains accurate records necessary for internal and external reports.
- Partners with Development Manager to ensure grants/funding requirements are managed Seeks new funding sources when appropriate.
- Manages grant-funded and contract-funded projects, including ensuring deliverables are met.
- Partners with Human Resources in relation to recruiting future employees, retaining current employees, and training initiatives at the organization.
- Acts as a liaison between ADS and the rest of the organization, including management.
- Collaborates with other agencies to develop and provide services.
- Represent JFS in the external community.
- Serves as a member of managers team and leadership team.
- Develops internship opportunities and supervises interns.
- Attends agency staff meetings, staff development activities, and special events.
- Other duties as assigned
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be available to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Experience and Qualifications Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or other Human Services area.
- Minimum of five years of social work or other human services experience.
- Minimum of five years of management/supervision experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following: operations, program development, development/funding, evaluating client services, and/or grants management.
- Leadership Orientation – Actively seeks ways in which to function as a role model, guide, develop and mentor others within the organization.
- Valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle to use for agency business.
- Must live in commutable distance to JFS.
- Must pass background check.
Physical and Mental Demands
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a successful employee to perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear. They should also have the physical dexterity to type and use a computer regularly. The employee must occasionally lift up to twenty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Mental Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to comprehend and follow instructions, perform assigned tasks, manage others, analyze data such as budgets and grants numbers/spreadsheets, maintain an appropriate workplace, interact with team of 20+ employees, influence people, make decisions independently, manage financial and other sensitive data, direct work of others, supervise projects or teams, communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to groups of various sizes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position: Indoor office environment. Works with and around others.
How to Apply
Apply Here: https://jewish-family-service-st-paul.breezy.hr/