Director of Marketing & Communications
Minneapolis Jewish Federation
Open until filled
Minneapolis Jewish Federation envisions a Jewish community that is empowered, engaged, and inspired to realize its full protentional.
We are looking for a Director of Marketing & Communications, some who is:
Responsible for the communications and marketing of the Minneapolis Jewish Federation.
Builds and sustains MJF’s reputation for quality and donor satisfaction.
Oversees all communications sent to the public.
Works cross-functionally across teams, including marketing, philanthropy, and community impact to achieve the organization’s goals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage brand and reputation, ensuring that brand identity and key messaging is infused in all organizational efforts and that the public views the Minneapolis Jewish Federation favorably
- Responsible for the Marketing & Communications department’s goals & objectives, ensuring evaluation
- systems are in place related to goals & objectives and reporting progress to CEO and Leadership Team.
Strategic Planning & Execution
- Create, execute, and manage strategic marketing plans.
- Develop an annual marketing budget and keep track of the resources for proper long-term and short-term planning
- Nurture leads and engages donors by directing the development and execution of sound digital marketing strategy based on market and donor research
Content Development & Communications
- Serve as an organizational spokesperson
- Create rich and creative content that demonstrates the local, national, and global organizational impact
- Track the performance of marketing strategies implemented and come up with timely modifications
- as needed
- Work with the philanthropy department to create and execute donor communications, appeals, and
- stewardship information
- Ensure all media opportunities for the CEO are fully vetted
- Assist MJF in ensuring communications are culturally competent and reach diverse audiences
- Manage marketing, events, and communication team working on several concurrent, fast-paced projects
- Ensure that the appropriate systems, staffing, and procedures are in place to properly and reasonably support marketing and communications
- Manages the Marketing Committee of the Board of Directors
Experience and Qualifications Requirements:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
EXPERIENCE: 7-10 years of nonprofit marketing experience and experience leading a team
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Adobe Creative Suite, strong writer, and Salesforce are recommended
SCHEDULE FLEXIBILITY: Ability to work non-traditional hours dependent on project/organization need
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- High energy and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and position to communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all groups, including staff, board members, volunteers,
- donors, program attendees, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Uphold and exemplify the Minneapolis Jewish Federation’s mission/vision
- Exemplify customer service both internally and externally
- Attend Federation events as position requires
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings
- 37.5 hour work week
- 21 days paid vacation annually
- 15 paid sick days annually
- Company paid STD, LTD, DISA coverage
- 403b match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Average of 15 paid holidays per year
How to Apply
Please send resume to Lisa Michalik at [email protected].