Event and Engagement Coordinator
Mount Zion Temple
Open until filled
We are seeking a person with skills and ambition to become part of our team for our congregation in St. Paul, Minnesota. The ideal candidate will be well-organized, detail-oriented, embody a willingness to learn, and a desire to relate to many people.
This position provides administrative support to our Executive Director for events and congregational engagement and, in that role, also assists our clergy, staff, and congregational leaders. This person will be in our office Tuesday Friday and work from home on Mondays. Along with all staff, they will be a welcoming presence to all guests and congregants.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will be experienced and excited about the following duties:
- Manage Events: Partner with the Executive Director to coordinate the calendar, building rentals, and event management (e.g. members’ life cycle events and outside organization’s events).
- Streamline Event Planning: Partner with the Executive Director on forms, price guidelines, and streamlining communication for event planning.
- Coordinate with Staff: Work with staff and lay leaders on event/holiday set ups in accordance with our inclusion and environmental practices.
- Assure Accurate Communication: Edit weekly emails and bulletins (4x/year) to coordinate communication of events in partnership with the Communications Coordinator.
- Support Membership Events: Send letters to new members and coordinate membership events.
- Small Group Coordination (MZ Small Groups): Work with congregant leaders to launch new groups; maintain website of Small Groups, and help leaders communicate in weekly emails, calendar, etc.
- Online Engagement (MZ Connect): Support the website platforms and resources for congregant connections and communication in partnership with Communications Coordinator.
- Participation/Volunteer Cultivation: With the Executive Director, develop volunteer opportunities. Maintain a list of volunteer opportunities, congregant participation interests, and volunteer hours for recognition and appreciation.
- Manage our System of Members who Resign: Work with the Executive Director on coordination of communications.
- Notifications of Deaths and Memorial Caring Support: Bring compassionate and detailed attention to congregants in managing the system of death and memorial notifications.
Experience and Qualifications Requirements:
Education and Minimum Experience Requirements
- Associates or higher degree in a related field or three to five years of equivalent experience
- One to three years of executive assistant experience
- Microsoft Office 365: 3 years (required)
- Zoom proficiency
- Knowledge of Judaism is a plus but not required
- Superior attention to detail
- Organizational skills are a must, along with being resourceful and efficient
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a keen eye for proofreading
- Must be a proven self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Work independently as well as a part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple duties and projects is essential
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to respond to requests with a warm and caring attitude
- Be respectful and willing to help, handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
How to Apply
Send a resume to Executive Director Shai Avny at [email protected].