Talmud Torah of St. Paul
Open until filled
The executive director will provide leadership and management for the Talmud Torah of Saint Paul (TTSP), a nonprofit Jewish educational institution. TTSP is composed of an afternoon school for students grades 2-12, and adult education. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Trustees. Salary range: $62,000-$80,500 depending on experience. Some hybrid work is possible.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Management includes overseeing finance, human resources, facilities, IT, and contracts. Scope and Responsibilities include strategic development, fundraising, community engagement, staff leadership and development, financial planning and management, operational management, legal compliance, and risk management.
Experience and Qualifications Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience managing people
- Comfortable managing relationships with diverse stakeholders, including volunteer board members, parents, external community stakeholders, and donors
- Working knowledge of Jewish culture and traditions
- Fundraising experience
- Experience leading or working within a Jewish and/or educational institution
- Understanding of modern models of Jewish education
- 3-5 years management experience in private or nonprofit corporations or equivalent
About Talmud Torah of St. Paul
Talmud Torah of St. Paul has been the central address for Jewish education in St. Paul since 1956. Our mission is to create life-long learners, passionate about Jewish tradition, committed to Jewish community and devoted to the well-being of all people. We are deeply committed to nurturing in students of all ages a life-long love of learning, pride in their Jewish identity, belief in themselves, and an understanding of their responsibility as citizens of the world. Within an accepting and egalitarian environment, we encourage each student to grow, guided by a strong sense of Jewish values and traditions.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Joanna Holland, [email protected]
All applicants will be subject to a background check prior to offer of employment and must submit proof of up-to-date COVID vaccination (or proof of medical exemption).
All applicants must pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment with TTSP.
TTSP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to assembling a diverse and inclusive workforce. BIPOC, individuals with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
TTSP will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance. With respect to religion and creed, as permitted by law, TTSP has the right to exercise discretion in employment decisions and to employ persons who share and are committed to the values and mission of TTSP and/or, as permitted by law, who are Jewish.
How to Apply
- Resume and cover letter answering these questions: What excites you about this role and working at TTSP What skills do you bring to this role that will strengthen our school?
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination including booster shot(s) if eligible OR proof of medical exemption
- 3 professional references, at least one of which must be a direct supervisor