Part-Time; 20-30 hours per week
Feb. 5, 2023
HR Generalist, 20-30 hrs/wk
The HR Generalist is responsible for developing and administering the HR role at our agency. Must live in commutable distance to our agency in Saint Paul.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and administer benefit plans (health, dental, life and disability insurance). Reconcile monthly billing statements.
- Submit bi-weekly payroll and manage online personnel records.
- Responsible for on-boarding process of new staff.
- Train managers including, but not limited to how to interview and how to conduct performance appraisals.
- Create and update personnel policies and procedures.
- Create and manage personnel files.
- Expand recruiting sources including attending job fairs.
- Annually analyze, create and review salary ranges for each job position and family to ensure within market and aligns with compensation philosophy.
- Recruit, interview and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conduct or acquire background checks and employee eligibility verification.
- Implement new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations and investigations.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Aids in development of DEI initiatives at the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications Requirements:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
At least two years of generalist human resources experience
SHRM-CP or PHR/SPHR a plus
Jewish Family Service of St. Paul is an equal opportunity employer, offering generous benefits and a flexible working environment.
How to Apply