Sept. 9, 2022
Jewish Community Action’s mission is to bring together Jewish people from diverse traditions and perspectives to promote understanding and action about social and economic justice issues in Minnesota. Founded in 1995, with a unique model that combines traditional congregational-based community organizing with issue-based campaign work, we engage our community and bring a distinctly Jewish voice to the fight for justice. We work in partnerships with local coalitions, interfaith initiatives, neighborhood groups, and minority and immigrant groups working for social and economic justice in our region.
Job Title: Communications Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
General Objective: Manage external communications to members and allies
Position Description: This is a full-time exempt position covered by a collective bargaining unit
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage JCA social media and email programs to engage and interact with our members and allies; ensure a dynamic and creative social media strategy and presence
- Manage social media and communications strategy for JCA partnerships and coalitions
- Work with organizers to develop messaging and materials for our campaigns, and coordinate communications for coalition and partnership work
- Engage with the media and write press releases to communicate our work to a broad audience.
- Manage the JCA and community coalition websites: generate original content and work with organizing staff to develop and edit campaign-related content.
- Create flyers, invitations and promotional materials for events and campaigns
- Coordinate annual report production
- Create and revise the Freedom Seder Haggadah Supplement, in partnership with Grassroots Organizer
- Create communications and materials for JCA events and fundraising campaigns
- All graphic design for organization; contract with graphic designers as needed
- Represent JCA at the communications tables of the Collaborative for Jewish Organizing and other community coalitions
- We are a small office and take an “all hands on deck” approach to problem-solving. Be ready to troubleshoot an unplugged mouse, unjam the copier, or help a co-worker reformat a flyer when it comes up.
Experience and Qualifications Requirements:
- EXPERIENCE DESIRED
- Strong writing ability, for print, electronic and social media.
- Experience organizing people and/or money for social justice.
- An interest in and commitment to building power for racial and economic justice.
- Experience with an online CRM database for member management (we use EveryAction).
- Previous fundraising experience is preferred, but we will provide training if you are an enthusiastic communicator in print, in person and on social media
- Excellent verbal communications skills and collaborative work style.
- Some familiarity with the Jewish community is preferred.
- High level of computer literacy (Mac/Google Suite environment).
Competitive benefits package
The salary range is $49,000 – $57,000 depending on qualifications and experience
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume and writing sample(s) to Beth Gendler at [email protected]. We will accept submissions until September 9, 2022.
Jewish Community Action is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction.