Kar-Ben Customer Service Specialist
$18-$19/hour; 30-40 hours per week as applicant wishes, work one day from home, the rest in North Loop office
Open until filled
Kar-Ben, the Jewish imprint of Lerner Publishing Group, is one of the largest publishers of Jewish-themed children’s books in the world. Kar-Ben customer service specialist provides personalized support to customers. Ensure consistent, timely, and accurate order entry and processing. Act as a proactive liaison between the customer service department and sales & marketing, shipping, information technology, and accounting departments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer and respond to phone and email inquiries and orders.
- Process orders received via phone, fax, or email and set-up new customers.
- Research and respond to customer concerns/issues.
- Maintain working knowledge of Kar-Ben’s books and marketing promotions in order to help customers.
- Work with the Kar-Ben publisher on marketing efforts as directed.
- Provide technical support to customers and sales representatives on our website and digital products.
- Perform other related business duties as required.
Experience and Qualifications Requirements:
- Knowledge of or interest in Jewish religion and culture.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to manage tasks with efficiency and accuracy.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent communication, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Customer-focused for positive customer experience and resolution.
It’s fun to work in a publishing house. Be part of a team helping to bring Jewish children’s books to kids and families!
How to Apply
E-mail resume to Joni Sussman, Publisher at [email protected].