Marketing and Communications Specialist
Open until filled
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing and Communications Specialist will manage communications for each of TTSP’s three programs, as well as TTSP’s external presence and branding (website, social media, and advertising). They will create visual collateral for programming and events, gather photos and video as needed, and work to broaden awareness of TTSP’s programs and as an institution. As part of the administrative staff team, the Marketing and Communications Specialist will collaborate on special projects, including the TTSP Annual Campaign and other development efforts. This role will occasionally work evenings and/or Sundays.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee TTSP’s institutional “voice” in all communications including social media, email newsletters, press releases, event promotions, and advertising
- Maintain and update TTSP website by becoming the in-house expert on WordPress and Gravity Forms
- Create visual graphics and content for TTSP programming, events, and special projects
- Design messaging and communications strategy for TTSP special projects such as TTSP Annual Campaign
- Manage annual marketing and communications budget, and work with external vendors as needed
- Document and gather photos/video of TTSP programming and community events
- Monitor TTSP’s online presence and promote our programming in community directories and groups
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Experience and Qualifications Requirements:
TTSP recognizes that individuals may bring a unique set of skills and experiences to this role. Relevant unpaid experience (volunteering, internships, etc.) may count toward years of experience. This list represents qualities we think will make someone successful at this position, but we encourage you to apply if you think you would be a good fit for our organization!
An ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of relevant professional experience OR 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with Jewish community and/or Jewish culture is a must (knowledge of Hebrew language a plus)
- Experience working in a Jewish organization preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and digital communication skills, including basic social media functions
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with or ability to learn basic graphic design software (Canva or similar)
- Experience with website content management and forms editing (WordPress using Gravity Forms)
- Proficiency using Microsoft 365 (MS365) applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams)
All applicants must pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment with TTSP.
- The salary range for this position is $45,000 – $55,000, commensurate with education and/or experience. In addition to salary, we offer a competitive compensation package of benefits, including health, dental, and life insurances, automatic retirement contribution by TTSP, tuition reduction if you or your children attend one of TTSP’s programs, and generous paid time off (separate sick leave, vacation time, and time off for Jewish and secular holidays).
- TTSP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to assembling a diverse and inclusive workforce. BIPOC, individuals with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- TTSP will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance. With respect to religion and creed, as permitted by law, TTSP has the right to exercise discretion in employment decisions and to employ persons who share and are committed to the values and mission of TTSP and/or, as permitted by law, who are Jewish.
How to Apply
Please send all the materials below to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Resume and cover letter addressed to Sho Garland answering these questions:
- What excites you about this role and working at TTSP?
- What skills do you bring to this role that will strengthen our school?
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination including booster shot(s) if eligible OR proof of medical exemption
- 3 professional references, at least one of which must be a direct supervisor (TTSP will not contact your references prior to speaking with you)