Registration and Development Manager
Talmud Torah of Saint Paul
Full-time: 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. or 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Open until filled
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Registration and Development Manager will be the initial contact for admissions, registration, and financial aid for all TTSP programs, and provide administrative support to those programs as needed. They will work with TTSP’s accountants and auditors and manage the current TTSP database with an eye on transitioning to a cloud-based database within the next 1-2 years. They will also work closely with the Executive Director to execute development activities throughout the year.
Job Type/Schedule: Full-time, exempt, onsite, year-round (Mon – Fri, 8.5-hour day beginning as early as 7:30 AM)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Talmud Torah of St. Paul (TTSP) has been the central address for Jewish education in St. Paul since 1956. Our mission is to create lifelong learners, passionate about Jewish tradition, committed to the Jewish community, and devoted to the well-being of all people. We are deeply committed to nurturing in students of all ages a life-long love of learning, pride in their Jewish identity, belief in themselves, and an understanding of their responsibility as citizens of the world. Within an accepting and egalitarian environment, we encourage each student to grow, guided by a strong sense of Jewish values and traditions.
TTSP is comprised of these educational programs:
- The Newman School: Jewish day school for Kindergarten-grade 5
- Afternoon School and Midrasha: supplementary Jewish education for Grades 2-8 in Afternoon School and Grades 9-12 in Midrasha
- Hineni: adult Jewish learning and contemplative practices
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Admissions/Registration, Financial Aid, and Programmatic Support
- Collect new student applications as they arrive and notify the proper staff for follow-up
- Work with TADS for tuition management and financial aid assessments
- Gather and distribute program information (i.e.: attendance, report cards, registration lists, etc.)
- Billing and collection of outstanding tuition and other programmatic fees
- Reconcile monthly financial transactions and regular bank deposits
- Assist with the annual TTSP audit
- Maintain and update TTSP’s current donor and student database (Vinitsky V-Manager); pull lists and produce reports from V-Manager as needed
- Send donor acknowledgments, tax receipts, and tribute cards in a timely manner
- Manage details of TTSP’s regular fundraising activities throughout the year with the Executive Director
- Evaluate and implement the transition to a cloud-based database as part of a staff team
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Experience and Qualifications Requirements:
TTSP recognizes that individuals may bring a unique set of skills and experiences to this role. Relevant unpaid experience (volunteering, internships, etc.) may count toward years of experience. This list represents qualities we think will make someone successful at this position, but we encourage you to apply if you think you would be a good fit for our school!
An ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant professional experience OR 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a Jewish organization preferred; experience in an educational Jewish environment
- strongly preferred
- Experience managing a relational database (i.e.: Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, Bloomerang, etc.); experience using
- Vinitsky V-Manager database is strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills over the phone, in writing, and in person
- Proficiency using Microsoft 365 (MS365) applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams)
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Strong customer service mindset and can-do attitude
- Ability to be calm under pressure and work to deadlines
- All applicants must pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment with TTSP
- The salary range for this position is $45,000 – $60,000, commensurate with education and/or experience. In addition to salary, we offer a competitive compensation package of benefits, including health and life insurances, retirement
- savings, tuition reduction if you or your children attend one of TTSP’s programs, and generous paid time off (sick leave, vacation, and time off for Jewish and secular holidays).
- TTSP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to assembling a diverse and inclusive workforce. BIPOC, individuals with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- TTSP will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance. With respect to religion and creed, as permitted by law, TTSP has the right to exercise discretion in employment decisions and to employ persons who share and are committed to the values and mission of TTSP and/or, as permitted by law, who are Jewish.
How to Apply
Please send all the materials below to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Resume and cover letter addressed to Sho Garland answering these questions:
- What excites you about this role and working at TTSP?
- What skills do you bring to this role that will strengthen our school?
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination including booster shot(s) if eligible OR proof of medical exemption
- 3 professional references, at least one of which must be a direct supervisor (TTSP will not contact your references prior to speaking with you)