Senior Services Case Manager
Full-time; 30-37.5 hours/week
Sept. 30, 2022
- We believe that seniors, of all ages, have important contributions to make in their own lives, the lives of their loved ones and in their communities. As they age, we aim to support seniors to continue living fulfilling, meaningful, healthy and safe lives. We also seek to support caregivers in a variety of ways as they navigate new experiences, their needs, and the needs of their loved ones. The Senior Services Case Manager walks alongside seniors and caregivers. The case manager provides holistic and thoughtful support and planning for seniors and caregivers who want help discovering available services, finding support, and enrolling in programs. The case manager will provide individualized, person-centered support for clients, and will engage in comprehensive assessments, care planning, and coaching. This position is highly visible to the community via outreach and engagement activities, and will play a key role in expanding participation in JFCS’s programs for seniors and caregivers.
- The ideal person for this role is friendly, compassionate, and draws energy from interacting with others; has a sincere and natural desire to do what it takes to help others; is a good problem solver, and listens actively to clients; has strong organizational skills; and is self-motivated to engage in a variety of tasks.
- JFCS is a multi-faceted human services agency with the mission to provide essential services to people of all ages and backgrounds to sustain healthy relationships, ease suffering and offer support in times of need. JFCS is a place where you can put your values to work every day. You will be able to:
- Make a positive difference in the lives of others
- Feel energized to give your best effort and enjoy a healthy work/life balance
- Learn, grow and accomplish new things
- JFCS serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values inclusion and diversity. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability. AA/EEO
Salary and Benefits:
- Annual salary is approximately $48,000
- Competitive benefits package including medical insurance, 401(k) with match, life and long-term disability insurance, and access to other benefits including vision and dental
- Work-life balance including 30-37.5 hour work week, 3 weeks vacation, sick time, paid parental leave, holidays, flexible schedule, and the option to work up to 60% time from home
- Social work licensing supervision
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Case Management (85%)
- Provide case management, caregiver coaching and care plan consultations to a designated caseload of clients.
- Assess the client’s bio-psycho-social and economic risks and strengths, coordinate client’s support teams, and develop a personalized service plan.
- Determine fees for service, and coordinate and monitor services provided by staff, volunteers and vendors.
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records, correspondence and reports as required.
- Directly support individuals engaged in Meals on Wheels, Shopping, Transportation, and programs with volunteers.
- Provide guidance to current and potential Holocaust Survivor clients, family members and caregivers, and assist them in all aspects of the Claims Conference program.
- Assist with data collection and audits conducted by oversight organizations.
- Work with the Senior Services Team to enhance and refine programs and services.
- Attend individual supervision, team, and agency meetings.
Program Promotion (10%)
- Organize and participate in community outreach and networking opportunities to market JFCS Senior Services to potential clients (seniors and caregivers) and community organizations.
- Occasional evening hours for agency functions and community education activities.
Additional duties (5%)
- Additional duties consistent with program needs and professional development goals.
Experience and Qualifications Requirements:
- A minimum of two years’ experience working with older adults in community-based settings
- Two years of experience with clinical interviewing strongly preferred
- Coursework in gerontology, aging studies or caregiver services preferred
- Familiarity with client confidentiality practices, HIPAA and electronic health record practices
Skills and Qualities:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, including with people who are seeking guidance and answers as they face challenging circumstances
- Compassionate, caring, and supportive of older adults and caregivers
- Strong working knowledge of appropriate care systems and community resources for seniors and caregivers
- Excellent assessment skills
- Good listener
- Effective problem solver
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong time management and task prioritization skills
- Proficient user of electronic health record systems
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel
- Ability to work creatively and collaboratively with clients and colleagues
- Sincere commitment to consistently reflecting JFCS’s Values: compassion; inclusion; innovation; integrity; and collaboration
- Proven ability to effectively engage with people from all backgrounds, socio-economic statuses, and mental and physical abilities
- Ability to manage a hybrid work model between working in the office/field and working from home
Typical Physical/Mental Demands
The Senior Services Case Manager position will engage in a combination of sitting, walking, and standing, mostly indoors at settings including JFCS’s office and client homes.
In addition, the Case Manager makes frequent use of telephone, computer and copier. The Case Manager must be able to walk up and down stairs, lift up to 10 pounds, get in and out of car, elevators, and corridors, and accompany and/or assist ambulatory and frail adults. At times, the Case Manager may be exposed to inclement weather.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume Diana MacLennan, Human Resources Manager. E-mail [email protected] or apply directly at https://www.jfcsmpls.org/about-us/jobs-at-jfcs/. For more information on Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Minneapolis, see www.jfcsmpls.org. AA/EEO