TC Jewfolk, the Twin Cities’ hip hub for Jewish stuff, is looking for a summer editorial assistant. The ideal candidate will be a student studying journalism, new media or writing who wants professional experience in the journalism/new media fields. This is a great opportunity to learn all facets of publishing and marketing for an online news source.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help maintain and update website
- Write and edit articles and guides
- Work with editor to maintain social media assets
- Update events calendar
- Craft e-newsletters
- Assist editor with tasks as needed. There are many opportunities to work on interesting graphics and writing projects.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Experience and interest in writing and media, especially online
- Creative, self-starter
- Some experience with content management systems like WordPress, or the ability to learn
- Experience with social media
- Interest in culture, news and the Jewish community
How To Apply:
College students are encouraged to apply. To apply, e-mail a cover letter, résumé and links to blog or clips, if you have them to: [email protected]