Alone Together at Sinai: A Community-Wide Tikkun Leil Shavuot
On Shavuot, we not only celebrate the giving of Torah at Sinai, but we also participate in ongoing revelation through learning, prayer, and community. Participating congregations include Adath Jeshurun, Bet Shalom, Beth El, Beth Jacob, Mayim Rabim, Mount Zion, Shir Tikvah, and Temple Israel.
9 p.m. | Niggun Leil Shavuot & Opening Ritual and Study: Rabbi Arielle Lekach-Rosenberg & Rabbi Debra Rappaport
9:45 p.m. | Workshops Aleph
- Jayce Koester and Jordyn Whitman: Reading & Writing the Psalms
- Abby Kirshbaum: Body & Soul Workout–a solo and communal self-reflective dance party
- Rabbi Jeffrey & Dr Deborah Schein: This is exactly how it happened when they received the Torah
- Noam Sienna: History of the Tikkun Leil-Shavuot
- Demetrios Vital: Jews & the History of Race Science
10:30 p.m. | Workshops Bet
- Daniel Baxter: Does mistreating the stranger make structures fall down? Leviticus 19:34-19:36 (taught by a structural engineer)
- Rabbi Sim Glaser: What Really Happened at Sinai? (A Kabbalistic Perspective)
- Dae Selcer: Ruth, Rated R
- Eli Kramer: Storytelling as Healing: Processing Pain to Heal Self (and Maybe Others)
- Sara Lynn Newberger: SVARA style learning
11:15 p.m. | Integration
- Margaret Kienitz: Torah Cheese Pairing
- Dr Deborah Schein: Chi Qong
11:30 p.m. | Revelation with Twin Cities Rabbis
Rabbis of our community share their teachings of “standing at Sinai”. What does revelation look like today? How do we know what God requires of us? What does God ask of us at this moment? Rabbi Adam Stock Spilker (Mount Zion) will moderate a panel discussion with Rabbi Michael Latz (Shir Tikvah), Rabbi Lynn Liberman (Community Chaplain, JFS), Rabbi David Locketz (Bet Shalom), Rabbi Tamar Magill-Grimm (Beth Jacob), Rabbi Avi Olitzky (Beth El), Rabbi Sharon Stiefel (Mayim Rabim), and Rabbi Marcia Zimmerman (Temple Israel).
12:15 a.m. | Standing at Sinai – a Ritual for Shavuot, Rabbi Esther Adler
12:30 a.m. |Rabbinical Assembly Tikkun | Find Full Schedule HERE
4:30 a.m. | Hashkama Minyan (Sunrise Shacharit) via Zoom with Beth Jacob Congregation
Contact [email protected] for Zoom information – Each workshop has separate Zoom Information.