Have You Had the Driving Conversation?
Concerned about your parent’s ability to continue driving? Learn about options from Kathy Woods OTR/I from Courage Kenny Rehabilitation at this event.
Have You Had the Driving Conversation? is the second session in the L’Dor V Dor – From Generation to Generation Learning Series for Adult Children Partnering with Their Aging Parents. As your parents age there is a wealth of information that can help you be a better partner with them as they continue through elderhood. These eight sessions can help you make sense of the information that’s available.
Topics in Have You Had the Driving Conversation? include:
• How to approach the driving conversation and what to discuss
• Helping your parent create a plan for transitioning from full driving to no driving
• Signs your parent should be cutting back or no longer driving
• Resources for driving assessment
• Information on transportation alternatives when a parent can’t drive
During the session Kathy Woods OTR/I (Licensed Occupational Therapist) from Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute will talk about driving assessment options and more.
For more information about the session contact Chris Kellogg at 952-939-1578 or [email protected]
The full series brochure is at: https://issuu.com/sholom/docs/cares_ed_series_classes_-_brochure