Let’s talk about the 4-letter word: RACE
Join Hopkins Community Education to learn and explore with constructive conversations about race and how race impacts society, mental health, and strategies for moving forward. This online series will be facilitated by Dr. George Nolan, principal of Gatewood Elementary, and Ms. Chantele Burgess, a student support specialist for Hopkins Public Schools.
Tuesdays, Nov. 10, 17, 24
from 5-7 p.m.
- How do we have conversations about race?
- The role of race and how it plays out in our society
- Discuss the impact race has on mental health
- Hope and moving forward
- “A Talk to Teachers” by James Baldwin
- “Breaking the Chains of Psychological Slavery” by Na’im Akbar
- “Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome” by Dr. Joy Degruy
Fee: Sliding scale $0 to $20. This class will meet via Google Meet.
Online class. Reserve your space today: Hopkins.ce.eleyo.com
Hopkins Community Education Adult Enrichment • 952-988-4070