Shattering the Arrest to Deportation Pipeline: Learn, Engage, and Take Action!
Join the ICE Out Hennepin County Campaign on Thursday, June 16th, at 5 pm CT for the kick-off to our webinar series.
Many of us know that Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) continues to harm our Hennepin County neighbors through surveillance, detention, and deportation. But ICE doesn’t do this work alone. Our local county officials, especially the Sheriff’s Office, have historically worked hand-in-hand with ICE to criminalize and detain our neighbors who are immigrants and refugees. And many of the county official seats, such as the Sheriff and County Commissioners, are up for election this year. How do we fight back to envision and collectively create a liberatory and safe community in Hennepin County?
This webinar and those to come are an opportunity to:
- how local law enforcement collaborates with immigration and customs enforcement (ICE),
- how this affects people and their families,
- and how this collaboration supports the larger detention-deportation machine.
- with Hennepin County neighbors who share your values of safety and dignity for all
- with the ICE Out campaign, including in the upcoming county elections for the Sheriff and County Board, and our ongoing demands for them.