Twin Cities Young Adult Engagement Associate
Minneapolis Jewish Federation and Jewish Federation of Greater St. Paul
Dependent on experience
Open until filled
If you’re good at and enjoy…
- Meeting people and building lasting productive relationships
- Thinking of new, dynamic ways to engage both new and established leaders
- Setting challenging goals and achieving them.
- Taking advantage of promising opportunities.
The Twin Cities Young Leadership Associate is the position for You!
ORGANIZATIONAL VISION, MISSION, AND FUNCTION:
The Jewish Federations of St. Paul and Minneapolis are innovative, mission-driven non-profit organizations dedicated to creating and maintaining a welcoming and inclusive Jewish community for all. The Twin Cities Federations strive to identify and meet community needs by creating a strong local Young Adult Jewish community that strengthens our connections with Jews in the Twin Cities, Israel and around the world.
The Jewish Federations of Minneapolis and St. Paul seeks an entrepreneurial, dynamic and motivated professional to lead initiatives centering on the engagement, cultivation and leadership development of young Jewish adults age 25-45. The Young Leadership program focuses on building future Jewish leaders for the Twin Cities through engagement opportunities, partnerships with community organizations, and the philanthropic cultivation of donors and prospects in their 20s, 30s, and 40s.
The Associate will create new and innovative ways to engage and excite prospects and donors about the incredible work of The St. Paul and Minneapolis Federations through a range of social, cultural, educational and leadership opportunities. The Associate is an experienced relationship builder who is committed to enhancing Jewish life amongst young adults in the Twin Cities. The Associate is on the cutting edge of understanding millennials and their connection to philanthropy and community.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and tracks engagement, metrics, and progress.
- Sets expectations, and provides guidance, leadership, and motivation to the team.
- Develops goals and strategies for events and programs
- Collaborates with lay leadership and community partners to implement a global message about The Twin Cities Jewish Federations.
- Staffs, coordinates, and plans all of the logistical arrangements for programs and events that offer a meaningful Jewish connection to young adults.
Outreach and Engagement
- Meets with newcomers, returners, engagement seekers, and any young adult that wants more information about the Twin Cities Jewish Community.
- Creates a personal connection document (PCD) to follow up with each outreach encounter.
- Utilizes a development action plan (DAP) to cultivate engagement for newcomers, returners, and engagement seekers.
- Provides internal Federation Staffs with a consistent update of outreach and engagement opportunities and recaps of meetings.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- 2-5 years of experience in event planning, engagement, volunteer management or significant involvement in the Jewish community.
- Past experience working with young adults and emerging leaders is preferred.
- Working knowledge of social media and its marketing outreach applications.
- Proficiency with donor database management systems and other internal software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, meticulous attention to detail and follow-up.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to set goals, tasks, and timetables and manage workflow.
- Entrepreneurial, can-do attitude.
- Ability to build a strong collaborative sense of team, both internally and externally.
- Commitment to the mission of The Jewish Federations of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
How To Apply:
Please e-mail cover, resume and salary requirements (must be included to be considered) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls, please.