We are looking for creative individuals who want professional experience in the journalism/new media fields for a non-profit, community-centered organization. An Intern in this position can expect to spend their time both writing and editing articles, as well as managing and analyzing our team’s social media. This internship will focus on creating unique content for Jewfolk, Inc’s various networks, as well as work on building Jewfolk’s brand and followers. Our ideal intern is an intuitive, quick, creative, self-motivated individual that is open to doing a wide variety of tasks.
This internship comes with a financial stipend attached but is also a terrific opportunity to work with an organization that aims to connect Jews to one another and to Jewish community services, programs, and offerings.
- Write, pitch and edit articles and blog posts
- Work with the editor to maintain social media assets
- Update events calendar
- Upload photos, videos, and new media
- Craft email newsletters
- Monitor social networks
- Curate weekly social posts
- Build social media analytics reports
- Knowledge and ability to work with all social media and email marketing platforms
- Creative, out of the box thinking to build unique content
- Eye for design
- Writing and editing skills
- Ability to prioritize goals by importance
- Good communication skills
- Well-organized with the ability to work on several projects at one time
- Basic knowledge of Jewish culture
- WordPress (or comparable CMS) knowledge a plus.
- Graphic Design a plus (Canva or Photoshop)
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- Will be in the Twin Cities Summer 2019.
- Able to work at least 5-10 hours a week.
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]