Membership and Communications Manager
Jewish Community Action
$46,000-$50,000 per year
July 15, 2020
Jewish Community Action is seeking a Membership and Communications Manager to engage and grow our membership and to implement fundraising and communications programs that support our work building a powerful Jewish voice for racial and economic justice in Minnesota.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Membership and Fundraising
- Manage the membership renewal process to grow our membership and increase retention of donors; manage donor data and coordinate with administrative staff to maintain and provide accurate records to our board and development committee.
- Help new members connect with our organizing team to strengthen their knowledge and understanding of our work and help them get engaged.
- Plan and coordinate fundraising events, including house parties and donor recognition (both in-person and through social media), and grow our online fundraising, both through our own website and social media platforms and as part of fundraising events like Give to the Max Day.
- Work with board and staff to strengthen major gifts and planned giving programs. Work with board members, fellow staff, and volunteers to engage them in on-going cultivation and solicitation of financial support.
- Coordinate grants calendar and ensure timely reporting to foundations; assist with and write grant proposals and coordinate with other staff on their submission of proposals and reports on a timely basis.
- Coordinate annual social justice fundraising calendar; solicit advertisements and work with a graphic designer to coordinate layout and printing.
- Manage our social media and email program to engage and interact with our members and allies.
- Work with organizers to develop messaging and materials for our campaigns, and coordinate communications for coalition and partnership work.
- Engage with media and write press releases to communicate our work to a broad audience.
- Manage the JCA website: generate original content and work with organizing staff to develop and edit campaign-related content.
- Create flyers and promotional materials for events and campaigns.
- Coordinate annual report, both electronically and in print, working with a professional designer as needed.
- Coordinate communications and materials for JCA events.
- We are a small office and take an “all hands on deck” approach to problem-solving. Be ready to troubleshoot an unplugged mouse, unjam the copier, or help a co-worker reformat a flyer when it comes up.
Experience and Qualifications
- Strong writing ability, for print and social media.
- Experience organizing people and/or money for social justice.
- An interest in and commitment to building power for racial and economic justice.
- Experience with an online CRM database for member management (we use EveryAction).
- Previous grant experience is great but we will train this if you are an enthusiastic fundraiser in person and on the phone.
- Excellent verbal communications skills and collaborative work style.
- Some familiarity with the Jewish community is preferred.
- High level of computer literacy (Mac/Google Docs environment).
Competitive benefits, including paid sick, vacation time, and Jewish holidays.
This is a full time position, beginning salary 46-50k, commensurate with experience.
How To Apply:
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three references to Carin Mrotz at [email protected]. We will beging contacting applicants after the 4th of July weekend.