Or Emet – Minnesota Congregation for Humanistic Judaism
Or Emet, the Minnesota Congregation for Humanistic Judaism seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant to manager publicity for the congregation’s programs and events. The Administrative Assistant writes and distributes press releases for Or Emet’s programs during the year, and posts program information on social media sites. The Administrative Assistant works independently, and reports to the Executive Committee of the congregation. The position requires approximately 12 hours of work per month.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write and send Or Emet’s press releases (pr) for all Fri/Saturday/Sun programs, Or Emet holiday celebrations, adult education programs, and other special events as needed, with final approval by (Co-)President(s) before being sent.
- Update, review and revise Or Emet’s website calendar
- Post regularly on Or Emet’s outward facing Facebook (FB) and group FB page
- Post holidays and programs on Meetup.com
- Provide High Holiday support (create program listings, ongoing communication with HH chair)
- Create PR Planning Calendar with a timeline from the first contact with program presenter, 1st draft, final draft, and submission deadline for all Friday and Sunday programs, Adult Ed, Holiday and other OE events. PR Planning Calendar should also include online calendar entry updates, FB and Meetup posting schedules.
- Attend (Sunday morning)Leadership Team meetings (if/when able) three times/yr (eg Nov, Feb, May)
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with experience writing press releases
- Strong project and time management skills
- Familiarity with Jewish culture
How To Apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Scott Chazdon, President, Or Emet at [email protected].