Director of Youth Engagement, Enrichment, and Informal Education
Beth El Synagogue
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
The Director of Youth Engagement, Enrichment, and Informal Education is responsible for building, growing, and implementing, a continuum of opportunities for young people to explore their Judaism and connect to the Beth El community in developmentally appropriate ways. This position will train, mentor and support a team of youth advisors in creating and implementing opportunities for youth from 1st grade through 12th grade, as well as college and post-college.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Some key components of the director’s past experiences that will qualify them for this position are:
- Managing and training teams: searching and hiring, mentorship and coaching, and staff deployment.
- Working with children in an educational or recreation capacity: interfacing with families, improvisational agility in programming and development, navigating the emotions and needs (developmental, educational, spiritual) of both children and their families.
- Knowing rules and regulations associated with working with children: demonstrating current awareness of engagement within the youth arena.
- Proficiency in computer programs, especially Microsoft Office program: seamlessly interfacing in the synagogue working environment.
- This is a full-time position with some evenings, weekends and occasional out of town travel. The position includes a full health benefits package.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
The ideal candidate is someone with at least 5 years of experience working with youth. Additionally, they will have at least 5 years of experience working in a managerial capacity. These periods can overlap in their professional background.
Such tenure should ensure that the director is not only a self-starter but someone who will be well-positioned to staff (and continue to craft) the vision for a new model of youth engagement at Beth El Synagogue.
This is a full-time position with some evenings, weekends and occasional out of town travel. The position includes a full health benefits package.
How To Apply:
The position commences end of May 2019. If interested, please apply immediately by sending a cover letter and resume to Andrea Johnson – [email protected]