Kindergarten – 4th Grade BESTY Program Staff
Beth El Synagogue
Part-time, 3 hours/week
Open until filled
This position is responsible for creating an environment to attract K-4th grade students to become actively engaged in the Shabbat and holiday programming. Demonstrates positive leadership model with staff, volunteers and students.
As a member of the Youth Engagement Team, you will deploy programming, lessons, and activities primarily during Shabbat services on Saturday morning.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee K-4th graders during Shabbat morning services (9:30 a.m.-noon)
- Lead predetermined group activities on Shabbat morning during the school year (30 sessions/year) for K-4th Graders
- Attend occasional programs for holidays as listed:
- Rosh Hashanah (day 1 and 2)
- Yom Kippur (KN, YK, NI)
- Sukkot (day 1, 2, 7 and 8)
- Pesach (day 1, 2, 7, and 8)
- Shavuot (day 1 and 2)
- Oversee parent volunteers
- Serve as a role model for students, both secularly and Jewishly
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
- History of working within an early elementary setting
- Knowledge of basic Jewish traditions and practices
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How To Apply:
Email Avi Aharoni at [email protected].