J-HAP Jewish Housing and Programming
Open until filled
J-HAP is a nonprofit (501c3) organization dedicated to serving independent adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Our mission is to create caring, safe, and inclusive communities where adults with IDD build independent lives filled with meaningful experiences and relationships. J-HAP is located at Cornerstone Creek, an affordable, independent living, state-of-the-art apartment building for adults with IDD in Golden Valley.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Board of Directors, the Development Director will spearhead development efforts at J-HAP. A new position in the organization, the Development Director will have the opportunity to build the development department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a fundraising program that meets or exceeds annual goals
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Manage the implementation and data entry of Little Green Light, a donor management database
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with individual donors, event sponsors. and grant program managers
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Oversee special fundraising events
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with funders and community leaders
- Works closely with J-HAP Board of Directors, Managing Director, and grant writer
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree
- Five-plus years of experience in developing and executing non-profit fundraising
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills and donor relations
- Ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Knowledge of donor management software
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, and adaptable
How To Apply:
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].