Director of Aging Services
Jewish Family Service of St. Paul
Jewish Family Service of St. Paul (JFS) is seeking a dynamic, creative individual to oversee JFS programs servicing elders in the community. JFS is a leader in providing effective, collaborative services, and we are replacing a long-time and very successful department director. The Director of Aging Services directs and supervises JFS’s programs serving seniors in the community, and plans strategically to manage potential new programming. The Director supervises, hires and trains staff along with managing budgets and financial reports. The ability to develop effective partnerships and work collaboratively with other community organizations is key to JFS’s programming philosophy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain professional and ethical competency by adhering to agency Personnel Practices, HIPAA rules, the NASW Code of Ethics and other designated practices and procedures;
- Supervise program staff;
- Monitor productivity statistics and review with staff;
- Perform formal evaluations of assigned staff;
- Encourage professional growth of supervisees;
- Supervise social work interns;
- Ensure representation at county and community meetings related to Senior Services;
- Manage contracts with funding entities and other partnerships;
- Collaborate with other agencies to develop and provide services;
- Develop and monitor department workplan.
- Develop and monitor department budget;
- Monitor program evaluation data and demographics;
- Develop and implement new services and programs;
- Assist with grant writing and marketing as requested;
- Represent the agency at community-wide meetings when requested.
Experience and Qualifications
Qualifications for this position include a Master’s Degree in Social Work or RN licensed in the State of Minnesota A successful candidate must have knowledge of public and private non-profit social service systems, as well as experience working in the field of aging, interacting with elders and their families. Past supervisory experience is required.
How To Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected].