Gan Preschool (formerly Lubavitch Early Childhood Center)
Jan. 31, 2022
Seeking a qualified Preschool Director to manage the Gan Preschool day-to-day operations and establish and sustain a positive learning environment for children.
The person selected for this position will oversee the development, coordination and management of all Gan Preschool chinuch and care programs so that the mission of the Gan Preschool is achieved and its programs comply with local and federal regulations.
The successful applicant will have demonstrable knowledge, skills and/or abilities/aptitude in managing all aspects of Gan Preschool, as well as strong leadership skills. You should display a friendly demeanor, have a love for children, and strive to create a supportive and encouraging environment for both children and teachers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe, happy, and stimulating environment for children.
- Manage and coordinate curricula with staff that complies with state and federal requirements.
- Ensure that the center facilities are safe for children and comply with laws and regulations.
- Evaluate and purchase materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Manage and support teaching staff and promote their professional development.
- Interview, hire, and train new staff members, ensuring they meet all policies and legal requirements.
- Complete ongoing training and courses to remain up to date on daycare standards and procedures.
- Communicate and meet with parents regarding their children and the center’s policies.
- Working with the Gan Preschool treasurer/accountant, manage and oversee the budget and accounts.
- Develop and facilitate a marketing and communications plan.
Experience and Qualifications
- Child development associate training or equivalent is required.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
Experience (skills and abilities)
- Early childhood education work experience is required.
- Ability to read and comply with local, state, and federal laws governing child care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills.
- Friendly and approachable demeanor.
- Maintain a professional appearance, attitude, and work ethic at all times.
The Gan Preschool is a Minnesota non-profit organization. It is located at 1754 Ford Parkway, S. Paul, Minnesota 55116. Its 3-member board of directors are: Moshe Lieb Cohen, Soheyla Amrami, and Jim Jarvis. Operations of the Gan Preschool are planned to begin in early 2022.
How To Apply:
All interested individuals should email a cover letter and resume to: Jim Jarvis at [email protected].