Family Experience Manager
Open Until Filled
Our Family Experience Manager is the bridge between our camp families and camp. This person gives each family a warm welcome into the Herzl Family each and every year. They ensure that each camper family feels cared for and in good hands from registration until campers are welcomed back home by their families. The Family Experience Manager is our families’ main connection to camp; they are seen as a reliable and trusted family friend.
Herzl Camp is an independent, non-profit Jewish overnight camp located in Webster, Wisconsin. In our 75 years of operation, thousands of lifelong friendships have been created; thousands of campers and staff have found their passion for Judaism, Israel, and the community. You can be an integral part of our beloved history and tradition!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Family Experience Manager’s Areas of Responsibility:
- All aspects of camper registration, preparation, and transportation.
- All aspects of individual family communication regarding their camper prior to and during camp.
- Hiring, coaching and supporting seasonal teams in our camp office and health center, ensuring that Herzl Camp’s standards of excellence are met or exceeded.
- Keeping internal teams informed on individual camper plans as well as camper cohort plans and needs.
- Organizing and tracking all camper and camper family communication and information.
Family Experience Manager’s Day-to-Day Work:
- Our Family Experience Manager is based in Minneapolis during the academic year and in Webster, Wis., during the summer. Housing, meals, and daycare provided during the summer for you and your family. In the academic year, your schedule is flexible. You may choose to work at home or in our office with 1-2 days in the office encouraged for projects and community.
Our Family Experience Manager is the main point of contact for our 400+ camp families. To be successful, you will:
- Be the primary point of contact and build long-term, trusted relationships with camper families.
- Create a supportive, clear, and respectful relationship with all camper families.
- Keep camper families informed through email, phone, and meetings online or in person.
- Keep camper families satisfied, anticipate needs, and deliver exceptional customer service on a day-to-day basis
- Own seasonal projects throughout the camp year – registration, transportation, information collection and dissemination, and family communication.
- Coordinate with medical, mental health, and recruitment teams to ensure consistent service.
- Understand and utilize camper database to collect and track information; share with internal staff to support organizational goals.
- Work with the Camper Recruitment team to onboard and integrate new camper families
- Collaborate with, support, and be supported by the Camp Director, Director of Camp Care, Director of Operations, and Assistant Camp Director to ensure seamless implementation of all procedures.
- During the summer season, hire, coach, and lead a team of office and health center staff ensuring that communication and customer service standards are met.
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality with respect to information about individual families.
Experience and Qualifications
Required skills and proficiencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in CRM software/database
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Excellent listening skills
- Enjoy engaging in constructive conversation and problem solving with team members
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- 5 years supervisory experience in account management, customer service, or health care setting. S
- Supervisory experience in day or overnight camping a bonus.
- Bachelors Degree
- Can do, problem-solving attitude.
- Meaningful work in a flexible, family friendly work environment with a FUN team!
- Free camp and/or summer childcare
- Retirement plan match
- 4 weeks PTO
- Excellent medical and dental coverage
- 50%-75% remote work if desired during the academic year
How To Apply:
If this is exciting to you, email Holly Guncheon at [email protected]