Open until filled
Bet Shalom Yeladim Preschool is expanding it’s program and opening up a second infant program. We are looking for teachers with passion working with infants to lead this new infant program to provide care, plan and implement infant curriculum.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes a warm and inviting climate in the classroom
- Plans, develops and implements daily lesson plans that include; best practices, developmentally appropriate practices, educational, enrichment and Judaic activities for children.
- Plans and arranges classroom into distinctive learning areas to promote an effective learning environment.
- Screens and assesses children to determine developmental/educational needs.
- Develops and implements individual education plans to comply with specific program needs.
- Monitors meal and snack periods, classroom activities, restroom and playground activities to ensure a safe environment for all children.
- Documents student progress.
- Plans classroom activities for parent and community volunteers.
- Attends and participates in workshops and other training meetings to acquire and disseminate information.
- Communicates effectively with parents, staff, community, and students to enhance community relationships.
- Changing diapers and helping children use the bathroom
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by the Director.
Experience and Qualifications
All employees must meet the minimum Rule 3 licensing requirements for their positions and all requirements set for in their job descriptions. If a staff member cannot meet the requirements of their position, they should speak to their supervisor for assistance or accommodation.
In addition, all staff must have:
- A passion for working with young children and their families.
- Ability to relate to a highly diverse environment and to be a team player.
- Work independently and accept direction.
- Flexible, good judgment, discretion, confidentiality, calm and positive attitude.
- Anticipate and prevent problems.
- Have the ability to engage and participate in all classroom activities (lifting up to 35lbs, pushing up to 100 lbs. bending/kneeling/sitting at child level on floor, diapering, assisting with nap time, etc.).
Required Work Experience:
Aides: No experience necessary but must have an interest in working with infants to children 5 years of age.
Assistant Teachers: Child Care Experience and College Credits or CDA
Teachers: Bachelors Degree and Child Care Experience
This is a part-time exempt position – 30 hours per week. Some traveling required. Current, valid passport needed.
All benefits eligible.
Paid vacation and sick time.
How To Apply:
Please email resume to Amber Brumbaugh at [email protected].