Israel Program Specialist
Part-time; 30 hours/week
Open until filled
The Israel Center of the Minneapolis Jewish Federation aims to bring the State of Israel, its culture and activities, to the Minneapolis Jewish community. Within this department, the Israel Program Specialist is charged with identifying and promoting Israel travel experiences for teens and young adults and provide support for the Partnership2Gether program.
REPORTS TO: Director of Community Impact: Engagement & Israel Center. For work with Masa Israel, this staff person is expected to liaison regularly with the national offices of this organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with high school students, university/college-age students and Jewish young adults up to the age of 30, to promote and recruit for high school experiences and post-high school programs in Israel focusing on a gap year, study abroad and post-college internship and volunteer programs.
- Promote, administer, and oversee scholarships aimed at aiding members of the Jewish community for opportunities to participate on an educational program in Israel. Scholarships responsible for Louis Herman Israel Experience Fund, Isadore & Molly Boroff Fund
- Follow up with returning Israel program participants of all ages and connect them with volunteer opportunities in the Jewish community.
- Communicate with Masa offices on recruiting, programming, resource information, collaborative programming
- Collaborate in the development, coordination, and promotion of all Israel Center programming.
- Provide support or lead specific Partnership2Gether programs as pre-determined with the supervisor.
- Participate in Israel Center and P2G meetings and activities/programming.
- Provide information to Marketing on how to tell the “Israel story”
Experience and Qualifications
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree a minimum; A Master’s degree is not required but is advantageous
EXPERIENCE: A long term Israel experience (5 months or more). Experience working with teen/young adult populations preferred. Good oral and written skills, including presentation skills. Program planning experience. Background in education. Knowledge of Hebrew an asset
SCHEDULE FLEXIBILITY: Some travel to Israel will be required. Evening and weekend meetings and programming throughout the year
This is a part-time exempt position – 30 hours per week. Some traveling required. Current, valid passport needed.
Paid vacation and sick time.
How To Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]jewishminneapolis.org
No calls please.