Israel Program Specialist
Other 30/hr per week, benefit eligible exempt position
Open until filled
If you’re good at and enjoy…
- Meeting people and building lasting productive relationships
- Thinking of new, dynamic ways to engage people in Israel
- Helping others in taking advantage of promising opportunities with Israel programs.
THE ISRAEL PROGRAM SPECIALIST is the position for You!
ORGANIZATIONAL VISION, MISSION, AND FUNCTION:
The Israel Center of the Minneapolis Jewish Federation aims to bring the State of Israel, its culture and activities, to the Minneapolis Jewish community. Within this department, the Israel Program Specialist is charged with identifying and promoting Israel travel experiences for teens and young adults and provide support for the Partnership2Gether program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with high school students, university/college age students and Jewish young adults up to the age of 30, to promote and recruit for high school experiences and post-high school programs in Israel focusing on a gap year, study abroad and post-college internship and volunteer programs.
- Promote, administer, and oversee scholarships aimed at aiding members of the Jewish community for opportunities to participate in an educational program in Israel.
- Follow up with returning Israel program participants of all ages and connect them with volunteer opportunities in the Jewish community.
- Staff the Louis Herman Israel Experience Fund, which provides grants to Minneapolis area teens participating in Israel program.
- Staff and support the Masa Alumni Board
- Communicate with Masa offices on recruiting, programming, resource information, collaborative programming
- Host and lead the community-wide Birthright Israel pre-trip orientation every Birthright season (Summer & Winter) for parents and participants.
- Collaborate in the development, coordination, and promotion of all Israel Center programming.
- Provide support to the P2G program as pre-determined with the supervisor.
- Participate in Community Israel Board and P2G meetings and activities.
- Provide information to Marketing on how to tell the “Israel story”
- Some travel will be required
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree a minimum; A Master’s degree is not required but is advantageous
EXPERIENCE: A long-term Israel experience (5 months or more). Experience working with teen/young adult populations preferred. Good oral and written skills, including presentation skills. Program planning experience. Knowledge of Hebrew an asset
SCHEDULE & FLEXIBILITY: This is a 30 hour per week position with some evening and weekend meetings and programming throughout the year
How To Apply:
Please e-mail cover, resume and salary requirements (must be included to be considered) to:
(No telephone calls please)