Mission Coordinator – [email protected]
Full-time, contract from October 2021-May 2023
Open until filled
The Minneapolis Jewish Federation seeks a Mission Coordinator who is a travel lover, relationship builder, and has strong attention to detail. This multi-year position will provide the support and coordination needed to design and successfully implement a positive and impactful community Global Experience to Israel in April 2023.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary contact for groups as they are planning mission trips
- Assist in the coordination of all aspects of the Mega Mission from itinerary planning through post-trip completion
- Ensure that each group is treated as “our favorite group” from booking through check in to re-booking
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with group leaders beyond their mission trip planning
- Anticipate group needs and lead with communication, assistance, or alternatives during the planning phase of the trip
- Keep other team members informed of group information
- Ensure the collection of all fees and participant information
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on mission trip participation with the use of Salesforce and Basecamp
- Perform data entry of mission trip information in a timely manner for reporting and access
- Meet and/or facilitate pre-mission meetings. This includes but not limited to committee meetings, parlor meetings, orientation meetings
- Assist with the facilitation of the communication and execution of specific specialty trips
- Assist in the development of all established trip paperwork for each mission trip location
- Maintain, update, and ensure the accuracy and inventory of all mission trip materials
- Know all field locations to speak authoritatively to group leaders
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned
Uphold and exemplify the Federation’s mission/vision
Exemplify customer service both internally and externally
Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings
Other duties as deemed necessary to achieve organization/team goals and may be adjusted without notice in accordance with the needs of the Minneapolis Jewish Federation.
Experience and Qualifications
EXPERIENCE: At least two years of working with traveling groups. Proficient use of spreadsheets, Word processing software Microsoft Office Suite and virtual meeting platforms. Experience working with volunteers within the non-profit sector. Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of leaders. Superior organizational and time management skills. Excellent oral and written skills. Solid knowledge of Jewish community, culture, and practices. Knowledge of Salesforce and Basecamp are an advantage. Knowledge and experience in Israel are an advantage.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree is required
SCHEDULE FLEXIBILITY: Travel to Israel will be required in April 2023 which currently requires proof of the COVID-19 vaccination to enter the country. Able to work early mornings, evenings and weekends as required. Position requires valid passport for travel to Israel.
This is a full-time, two-year, exempt contract position, hours will vary, October 2021- end of May 2023 contract.
Salary: $45,000 annually including paid vacation, sick and holiday
Includes all-expenses paid trip to Israel in 2023.
How To Apply:
If interested, please send your résumé, cover letter, and two professional references to [email protected]