Youth Coordinator/ Camp Butwin Assistant Director
Open until Filled
The Minnesota Jewish Community Center is seeking a full-time, energetic, relationship-oriented professional to serve as our Youth Coordinator and the Assistant Director of Camp Butwin. The Youth Coordinator role is responsible for all aspects of our after-school program, Club J, and our School’s Out programming for the Capp JCC in St Paul, while the Assistant Director of Camp Butwin portion of the role participates in and is responsible for many aspects of the Eagan-based camp’s planning, hiring, program development, staff supervision, operations, and implementation. Creativity, a collaborative spirit, and a desire to make a difference in the lives of youth are a definite must! If you want to earn a competitive salary, enjoy great benefits and work in a great organization on a creative and effective team, please apply.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, interview and hire staff for Club J after-school program
- Manage, instruct and provide feedback to Club J staff
- Organize and clearly communicate day to day programming for Club J staff
- Develop creative and engaging programming for Club J participants
- Organize and schedule School’s Out programming for participants
- Assign staff roles to maintain a safe and fun environment for School’s Out programs
- Manage transportation logistics for students arriving for Club J by school bus or JCC van
- Recruit students and families for Club J and School’s Out Programming
- Develop and monitor budget and finances to ensure fiscal responsibility for the department
- Serve as the Assistant Director of Camp Butwin
- Participate in interviewing and hiring of Camp Butwin staff
- Organize and manage transportation for campers to and from camp
- Develop and run the CIT (counselor in training) program at Camp Butwin
- Work alongside the Youth and Camping Director to plan summer programming and build schedules for Camp Butwin
- Support seasonal staff in providing exceptional programming at Camp Butwin
- Collaborate with Fund Development to identify fundraising opportunities for the youth department
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in child development, education, recreation, social work, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in community organizing and collaboration
- 2+ years experience in related field and supervisory role
- Strong knowledge of Jewish culture and traditions
- Commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, environmental stewardship, and social justice
- Exceptional attention to detail for logistics, budget management, etc.
- Excellent verbal, written and technological skills
- Fun, positive attitude
- Commitment to the highest professional and ethical standards
- Camp Butwin Staff
- Club J Staff Members
- School’s Out Staff and Volunteers
- Health, Dental, H.S.A (Employer contribution) Flex Spending (Medical and Dep Care), Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability.
- Paid time off, Paid Holidays, Paid Flexible Holidays.
- Family membership to the Minnesota JCC (Minneapolis and St. Paul) Health and Fitness clubs (group fitness classes, indoor and outdoor pools, sauna, indoor and outdoor sport courts, indoor running track and well-appointed gyms).
- Retirement plan, includes company contribution and employer match.
- Discounted fees for childcare, summer camp and selected programming
How To Apply:
Please contact Tyler Nelson, Director of Youth and Camping at [email protected] with cover letter and resume.