J-HAP is searching for a Managing Director
J-HAP Jewish Housing and Programming
Open until filled
J-HAP is a nonprofit (501c3) organization dedicated to serving independent adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Our mission is to create caring, safe, and inclusive communities where adults with IDD build independent lives filled with meaningful experiences and relationships. J-HAP is located at Cornerstone Creek, an affordable, independent living, state-of-the-art apartment building for adults with IDD in Golden Valley.
Supervised by the Board of Directors, the Managing Director will have overall responsibility for J-HAP’s staff, tenant programming, communications, and day to day operations. The Managing Director will initially develop a deep knowledge of the field, core programs, and operations, and will be thoroughly committed to J-HAP’s Nonprofit’s mission. Because this position requires independence and flexibility, we seek a person who can make confident decisions and is always up for a challenge or to learn something new.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Actively engage and energize J-HAP’s volunteers, board members, committees, and partnering organizations
- Work and support a strong Board of Directors
- Measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
- Effectively create a stronger brand presence for J-HAP
- Deepen, refine, and create all aspects of communications, including web presence, email communication, and newsletter communication
- Communicate with security staff, property management, tenants, Board of Directors, parents/guardians of tenants, and kitchen users
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
- Build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with funders and community leaders
- Manage daily office operations
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree
- 5 years of professional experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills: a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Success in working with a board of directors.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and date-driven program evaluations
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and work independently
How To Apply:
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected].