Open Until Filled
Promote Kar-Ben’s Jewish-themed children’s books to the Jewish market, including social media and website management, building relationships with reviewers and other media to promote Kar-Ben’s books and the Kar-Ben imprint, implementing all publicity campaigns and monitoring success of efforts, working closely with the publisher.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as liaison with Publisher in all aspects of Kar-Ben’s publicity and marketing efforts.
- Responsible for all administrative functions for Kar-Ben, including author relations, press releases and other functions.
- Help coordinate and monitor Kar-Ben projects routing in design, production, electronic content and customer service departments.
- Manage Kar-Ben’s e-commerce website (www.karben.com) including seasonal book info upload, marketing and all other content.
- Implement publicity campaigns, promoting books and the imprint to the media.
- Build relationships with key reviewers in both Jewish and non-Jewish media.
- Maintain, update, manage, and expand media contact lists.
- Manage Kar-Ben’s social media presence including Facebook and Twitter.
- Manage customer database in Constant Contact.
- Perform other related business duties assigned by publisher as required.
Experience and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in English or related. Proficient or advanced skills in Microsoft Office including mail merge and formatting. Knowledge of or experience with book publishing helpful. Advanced skills in social media networking and a desire to be innovative in these areas. Proven communication skills, organizational skills, website management skills, self-starter, a strong interest in support of children’s book publishing, and the ability to prioritize projects and daily tasks to meet deadlines. Knowledge of Judaism helpful.
How To Apply:
Submit resume to Joyce Hutchinson at [email protected].