Open until filled
To raise funds for the Jewish Community by developing donors’ personal relationship with the Minneapolis Jewish Federation and its mission as a community builder. To create a sustainable pipeline of future support and connection with the Federation thereby ensuring the strength and growth of the Jewish community in Minneapolis. Connect donors’ philanthropic goals with Federation programs, services and work supporting community agencies. This work includes securing gifts from individual donors, identifying and qualifying prospective donors, cultivating and stewarding current donors, as well as engaging volunteer leaders and campaign workers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying, qualifying and building philanthropic relationships with donors capable of making leadership annual gifts of $1,000-$9,999
- Partner with the Development Officers and the Prospect Development team to identify, contact, and qualify individuals with the capacity to make gifts at the leadership annual giving level.
- Conduct calls to qualify and assess new and lapsed donors with the financial capacity to make leadership annual gifts, and to secure personal visits and substantive contacts with these donors.
- Develop and cultivate approximately 100 actively managed donors at the leadership annual giving level.
- Develop and implement strategies for each prospect, including ways to increase the involvement of donors and prospects in the activities of the Federation and the Jewish Community.
- Create and implement cultivation structures to develop a mutually beneficial philanthropic relationship with donors.
- Meet defined visit and solicitation goals.
- Work closely with lay leaders, volunteers, and other stakeholders to achieve the overall Federation development goal.
- Complete and file timely contact reports. Maintain accurate and relevant records within the Federation donor management system.
- Attend Minneapolis Jewish Federation events and missions to create, cultivate, and maintain relationships with donors, and assist with event planning and execution when appropriate.
- Execute moves/actions steps in collaboration with the development team.
- Solicit leadership annual gifts, including multi-year pledges.
Donor Relations and Prospect Development
- Work with Donor Relations Coordinator to ensure the appropriate stewardship of donors.
- Assist with all Federation donor relations activities on an as-needed basis.
- Assist prospect development team in developing a strong pipeline of major gift donors, referring prospects to the Chief Development Officer or other team Development Officers where appropriate.
Training and Development Team Assistance
- Participate in professional development and fundraising training programs.
- Assist Development Officers and Chief Development Officer
- Assume other responsibilities on the Development team as needed
- Uphold and exemplify the Minneapolis Jewish Federation’s mission and vision
- Uphold and exemplify the leadership and behavioral competencies of the organization
- Execute professional, high-level customer service, both internally and externally
- Attend Federation events as position requires
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings
- Carry out all other duties as deemed necessary to achieve organizational and team-specific goals
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree; or a combination of education and experience in a field closely related to Development
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 years’ experience in fundraising and volunteer management or related professional experience, knowledge of the Jewish community preferred
SCHEDULE FLEXIBILITY: Able to work early mornings, evenings and weekends as required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able-bodied – not easily fatigued – and well-groomed, well-spoken, and well-mannered
How To Apply:
If interested please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].