Minneapolis Jewish Federation
Part-time, 20 hours per week
Open until filled
The Staff Accountant will perform accounting assignments related to accounts payable processing and general ledger account reconciliations and assist in preparing accounting statements and financial reports.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- General Ledger
o Perform account analysis and reconciliations, including cash and revenue
o Prepare adjusting journal entries and monthly, quarterly and yearly accrual journal entries.
o Research and answer questions regarding account activities.
o Work closely with team members to assure timely month-end close.
o Assist in preparing accounting statements and financial reports
- Accounts Payable
o Process invoices by reviewing documents for accuracy and compliance with organization policy including proper authorization and general ledger coding.
o Research and resolve accounts payable issues with vendors.
o Process invoice payments.
o Reconcile sub-ledger to the general ledger.
- Corporate Credit Card Program
o Administer Corporate Credit Card Program (new cards, replacement cards, monthly employee statements).
o Maintain employee credit card online system (Nexonia) including review of employee documentation and account coding of credit card charges.
- Perform other related accounting and administrative duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Thorough understanding of bookkeeping practices and procedures and basic accounting theory.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail (i.e., accuracy, conciseness).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Strong spreadsheet skills and proficient word processing skills.
- Knowledge of accounting software.
- Ability to deal with deadlines and handle/resolve pressure.
- Positive, proactive, self-starter & tenacious orientation to task completion.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, with some bookkeeping coursework.
- Three to five years of related bookkeeping/accounting experience required.
- Three to five years of accounting software experience.
- Non-profit accounting experience.
This is a permanent part-time position. Hours will vary. It is expected to average 20 hours per week.
It is expected to be a hybrid position (remote and in office).
How To Apply:
If interested, please send your résumé, cover letter to [email protected].