Director of Arts, Culture and Enrichment
Open Until Filled
DIRECTOR OF ARTS, CULTURE AND ENRICHMENT
The Minnesota Jewish Community Center is seeking an experienced, thoughtful, collaborative, and visionary Director for our multi-disciplinary Jewish Arts, Culture and Enrichment Program Team. This team develops, implements, and evaluates an expansive and inclusive program of Jewish cultural arts and community engagement programs primarily for adults; including, but not limited to visual arts, film, music, dance, theatre, galleries, literature, cuisine, social outings, classes and other cultural and enrichment programs at both our St. Paul (Capp Center) and Minneapolis (Sabes Campus) locations and beyond. Energy, passion and a deep love for Jewish arts and culture are a must.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Create a strategic vision for arts, cultural and adult enrichment for the Minnesota JCC.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the programs and events that advance the vision of the department.
- Foster existing and new partnerships and collaborations with both Jewish and non-Jewish arts, culture, and community-building organizations.
- Collaborate with the FRD team on grants, advocacy, and ideas for engaging new donors.
- Recruit, mentor, and supervise staff both independently and as a team.
- Collaborate with the Director of Programming and other personnel to develop organization-wide holiday programs.
- Manage and oversee budgets to develop and meet financial targets.
- Manage the JCC’s art collection and archives.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in an arts setting including previous programming experience, administration, staff supervision, and fiscal management.
- Bachelor’s degree in arts or related field.
- Success working with creative professionals of diverse backgrounds.
- Strong knowledge of Jewish culture and traditions.
- Exceptional attention to detail for logistics, time and budget management, etc.
- Excellent verbal, written, problem-solving and technological skills.
- Positive attitude and dedication to providing exceptional experiences for both internal and external constituents.
- Health, Dental, H.S.A (Employer contribution) Flex Spending (Medical and Dep Care), Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability.
- Paid time off, Paid Holidays, Paid Flexible Holidays.
- Family membership to the Minnesota JCC (Minneapolis and St. Paul) Health and Fitness clubs (group fitness classes, indoor and outdoor pools, sauna, indoor and outdoor sport courts, indoor running track and well-appointed gyms).
- Retirement plan, includes company contribution and employer match.
- Discounted fees for childcare, summer camp and selected programming
How To Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to Steve Mintz, Director of Programming at [email protected].