Multifaith Network Executive
Minnesota Multifaith Network
March 25, 2022
The Minnesota Multifaith Network is the statewide network supporting faith and interfaith leaders and organizations working for a more just and loving world.
MnMN’s Multifaith Network Executive will be the spokesperson for MnMN, articulating
MnMN’s vision broadly, partnering and sharing leadership and governance with the Board and Network Council to determine MnMN’s future. The key deliverables are network weaving, orchestrating annual convenings, smaller-scale network gatherings, and overseeing MnMN’s communication strategies.
For more information see https://mnmultifaith.org/
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and Expectations:
Network Weaving, Convening, and Member Development
- Coordinate planning of annual/general convenings, on-going and special interest/affinity convening;
- Respond to programmatic inquiries and opportunities, establish systems and new connections and network weavers to cultivate healthy and effective relationships.
Participate in and/or coordinate existing partnerships and seek new ones, e.g.:
- Articulate leadership development/programmatic strategy that will support and strengthen collaborative learning and action.
- Coordinate and arrange for desired interfaith leadership training and interfaith relations based on network needs and requests.
- Proactively cultivate relationships; conduct outreach with leaders of current and potential member organizations to deepen trust and be responsive to network issues and interests.○ Coordinate and collaborate with member organizations on network development.
- Conduct simple and regular assessments to identify interests of members and committees (or working groups) to learn and respond to network needs and interests. [Note: current committees include: convenings, communications, leadership development].
Overall Network Management
Collaboratively develop a strategic plan and support the effective development and implementations of overall and committee work plans to build a health state-wide network.
- Introduce and embed practices that acknowledge cultural wisdom present in our MN communities and repair the harms of our dominant culture supremacy in all aspects of the network.
- Foster a culture of shared leadership and ways to gather and incorporate feedback
- Maintain intended network culture by attending to resources (consultants, literature) on “networks” as distinct from usual organizations, monitor MnMN for adherence to the approach and assist in Governance
- Ensure the board of directors and network council leadership have adequate support to produce meeting agendas, progress reports and share learning to benefit the whole and challenges to be resolved)
- Ensure the work of committees are guided by work plans and understands expectations and decision-making responsibilities and resources for advancing their work.
- Work with Executive Committee and Treasurer to ensure proper financial controls and plans are in place
- Approve expenditures according to budget and budget controls
Fundraising and donor relations:
- Support the development committee with fundraising efforts.
- Participate and proactively support cultivation and solicitation meetings
- Oversee contract staff work on fundraising
- Work collaboratively with the communications consultant and committee to ensure communications efforts support the convening and network weaving goals of MnMN
- Co-design communications policies, plans and standards that are effective in advancing network priorities.
- Coordinate and coach key volunteer leadership including but not limited to the Executive Committee (board and council chairs); Board Development Committee chair, Fundraising Committee chair
- Support the recruitment of volunteers for various network leadership roles and Committees
- Coordinate securing of consultants, oversee contracted work and working relationships between contractors and members, monitor contracts and payment of invoices
- Coordinate the securing, placement and supervision of interns.
- Participate with the Technology Committee to support the co-design, implementation and evaluation of MnMn infrastructure based on needs
- Identify expertise in our network member organizations and use technology solutions to build relationships, collaborate on projects, share information and resources, and track and assess network health for learning and improvement.
Experience and Qualifications Requirements
The Network Executive will be committed to the mission of the Minnesota Multifaith
Network. Candidates will have experience with leadership, networking, network
development, relationship and communications experience.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with proven ability to cultivate effective volunteer leadership.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Strong public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Unwavering commitment to learning and evaluation to ensure quality outcomes.
- A proven track record of effectively leading collaboratively, locally and regionally
How To Apply:
Send cover letter outlining your interfaith experience, resume, and three references to: [email protected]
Deadline to Apply: March 25, 2022.