Elementary Education Teacher
Open until filled
The Newman School at the Talmud Torah of St. Paul – a small but growing, warm, nurturing Jewish community day school – seeks an elementary school classroom teacher for the 2022-23 school year.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Director of Education, Newman School teachers provide structured, supportive student-focused instruction across all general subject areas.
Experience and Qualifications Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in elementary education or a related field
- Experience and comfort with teaching in a classroom setting
- Knowledge of Judaism
- Comfort with creative, interdisciplinary approaches to elementary education
- Ability to individualize instruction to meet students’ unique needs
- Desire to continuously learn and grow as a professional
- Master’s degree (or higher) in elementary education or a related field
- MN teaching license in elementary education
- Knowledge of the Hebrew language
- Familiarity with Responsive Classroom approach
TTSP recognizes that individuals may bring a unique set of skills and experiences to this role. The above list represents the qualities we think will make someone successful at this position, but we encourage you to apply if you think you would be a good fit for our school!
Applicants must pass a background check prior to beginning employment with TTSP.
TTSP offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000
- Medical insurance (TTSP covers 80% of the premium)
- 403(b) retirement savings program
- Life insurance, fully paid for by TTSP
- Tuition reduction if your children attend one of our educational programs
- Generous paid time off (separate sick leave, 3 personal days, 8 secular holidays, up to 14.5 days off for Jewish holidays annually)
TTSP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to assembling a diverse and inclusive workforce. BIPOC, individuals with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
TTSP will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance. With respect to religion and creed, as permitted by law, TTSP has the right to exercise discretion in employment decisions and to employ persons who share and are committed to the values and mission of TTSP and/or, as permitted by law, who are Jewish.
How To Apply:
Please send all the materials below to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Cover letter addressed to Heidi Tarshish answering these questions:
- What excites you about this role and working at TTSP?
- What skills do you bring to this role that will strengthen our school?
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination, including booster shot (if eligible) OR proof of medical exemption
3 professional references, at least one of which must be a direct supervisor (we will not contact your references without speaking to you first)