PJ Library Program Coordinator
St. Paul Jewish Federation
The St. Paul Jewish Federation seeks a part-time program coordinator for its PJ Library program. PJ Library supports families by providing monthly, age-appropriate, Jewish-content books and music to more than 450 children ages 6 months to 8 years. Additionally, through social media, e-newsletters and community programs, PJ Library offers opportunities for families to enhance their connections to the Jewish community and to one another.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the program including its marketing, recruitment and enrollment of new participants, and developing and implementing events, often in collaboration with other Jewish organizations. The ideal candidate will be outgoing and creative and will work with an advisory committee, the national PJ Library organization and local Jewish institutions.
Experience and Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated experience in event planning & coordination, marketing, non-profit administration, or work with families with young children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and able to communicate clearly through oral and written means
- Must have proficient organizational skills, be thorough and experienced in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to communicate successfully with families, volunteers, staff members and community organizations
- Able to work collaboratively with a team, as well as effective independently
- Must understand and be able to utilize various social media platforms.
Preferred qualities include:
- Knowledge of or familiarity with non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of child development, early childhood education, and family.
- Experience working with volunteers and committee process.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and culture
- Position requires the use of a car to travel to program events and meetings
- Hours are flexible with some evening and weekend attendance at programs, meetings and events required.
How To Apply:
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]