Communications and Development Associate
Communications and Development Associate
Shir Tikvah, a growing, inclusive and joyful Jewish congregation based in the Twin Cities, seeks a Communications and Development Associate.
WHO WE ARE
Shir Tikvah—meaning Song of Hope—is a kehillah kedosha (holy community) joyfully revealing the intersections of talmud torah (lifelong Torah study), t’filah (prayer), tzedakah (justice), & hachnasat orchim (radical hospitality). We creatively wrestle with tradition and innovation as we invigorate Jewish spiritual life and transform the world. Our 550+ families believe deeply that our diversity is our strength and we strive to be the very best of what a holy community can be. Together, we work to co-create a vibrant and holy community where people are truly welcomed and celebrated.
Shir Tikvah is at a pivotal point in its development. Our congregation has outgrown our building, with worship and religious education programs overflowing regularly. At a time when many synagogues are shrinking, we are growing. As we look to the future, we seek a Communications and Development Associate to develop and implement strategies that enhance communication and development among members and the wider community, as well as for raising awareness and visibility of Shir Tikvah’s programs and services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, this new role of Communications and Development Associate includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, staff, and lay leaders on fundraising strategies, campaigns and calls to action, including: annual pledge drive; major gifts; planned giving; and special event models.
- Manage portfolio for year-end receivables.
- Assist with grant proposals and reporting.
- Develop and execute consistent communication to cultivate and grow donor base.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop and implement an effective and resource appropriate communications strategy including communication tools (website, e-newsletter, etc), and publication calendar.
- Write, edit, and design engaging content for digital communications and print media, including but not limited to social media, website, weekly e-newsletter, program brochures, and videos.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve organizational visibility and public relations activities, including writing stories on our programs and members.
- Support livestream and zoom logistics.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
WHO YOU ARE
The successful candidate for the position of Shir Tikvah’s Communications and Development Associate will have:
- Strong writing ability, technical skills, and graphic eye for communications platforms including website, emails, other print and video, and social media.
- Experience in fundraising, stewardship, and donor cultivation.
- Grant writing a plus, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including tact, diplomacy, and creativity, in order to build positive working relationships with staff, community members, and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team, including volunteer workers and committees
- Proactive problem-solver, able to handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- A commitment to learn about Jewish practices, culture, holidays, and special events.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion; sensitive to cultural differences and capable of thoughtful reflection on how to welcome, support, and promote Shir Tikvah membership and broader community connections through communication practices that foster intergenerational, accessible, interfaith, BIPOC and LGBTTIQ+ inclusion.
Must have use of a car. Ability to get in and out of car, assist ambulatory and frail adults getting in and out of car. Most work is a combination of driving, sitting, and walking with clients in the community. Frequent oral communication. Occasional lifting, stooping, kneeling, bending or climbing. Works with and around others. Daily use of computer, telephone, and other office equipment. Awareness of and ability to manage time to complete work. Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds. Subject to criminal and motor vehicle background checks.
How To Apply:
To apply please send your résumé and a cover letter with the subject line of : “Communications and Development Associate Search” to Alison Olig, Executive Director ([email protected]).
Résumés will be reviewed as they are received, with a final deadline of May 16, 2021. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Executive Director, offering a salary of $45,000-$50,000 DOE and a competitive benefits package. Congregation members are not eligible to apply. Shir Tikvah Congregation is an equal-opportunity employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates. People of color, women, and transgender people are encouraged to apply.