Payroll Technician/HR Admin
The Payroll Technician/HR Admin will support a variety of human resources and payroll-related functions. They will work as an effective and proactive team-player and understand the importance of supporting the HR Department, employees and clients.
They will display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal and external to the organization in accordance with our PROUD (Positive, Respectful, Outstanding, Understanding, Dependable) standards.
The Payroll Technician/HR Admin will be skilled in database management and have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures accuracy and enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employees’ hourly rates or salaries, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, termination, and other information.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, parsonage, benefits, and other deductions.
- Reconciles payroll registers and reports to ensure accuracy.
- Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge.
- Records and processes federal and state payroll tax deposits.
- Transfers benefit deductions and retirement loan repayments to third party vendors.
- Assists with required reporting preparation, including and monthly metrics and Payroll-Based Journal (PBJ) requirements.
- Answers frequently asked questions from employees relative to standard Human Resources policies, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Files human resources and payroll-related paperwork into appropriate employee personnel files.
- Prepares staff badges and ensure that all employees receive their badge.
- Assists in the maintenance of the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
Education, Experience and Credentials
- Associates degree in related field preferred.
- Prior experience in Payroll or Human Resources preferred.
- Prior experience working within HRIS and timekeeping systems preferred, ADP and eTIME a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Current knowledge of relevant employment laws and practices, HIPAA and all other relevant regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities inside and outside the organization.
- Able to be flexible and productive in an environment with regular interruptions.
- Understand and maintain confidential nature of organization, applicant, employee and client information, including and in accordance to HIPAA regulations.
- Able to gather data/information, prepare reports and analyze information skillfully.
- Able to develop and give oral presentations to large and small groups of individuals inside and outside the organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Close Date: 11/15/2019
Hours: 40 hours/week, Full Time
How To Apply:
Apply online at www.sholom.com/careers, search #3331.
Questions? Email [email protected]