Associate Director of Financial Resource Development
St. Paul Jewish Federation
Open Until Filled
The St. Paul Jewish Federation is seeking a dynamic fundraiser with a proven track record in annual and planned giving to grow its resource development program. This position reports directly to the Chief Development Officer. The Director will work in a highly demanding but supportive team environment using your knowledge, experience, passion, creativity, and engaging personality to support the agency’s FRD program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
General Duties & Responsibilities
As Associate Director of Development and Planned Giving, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Assist with the overall success and growth of the annual campaign as well as other financial resource development (FRD) initiatives including endowments and planned giving, supplemental and corporate gifts, sponsorships, and grants. This includes mail campaigns, design and production of various printed materials, donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. This position also requires coordination of events, meetings, programs, and other elements designed to enhance positive relations with all donors.
- Strengthen current donor and volunteer relationships as well and developing new ones.
To accomplish this, you will:
- Assist with the development and coordination of fundraising campaigns with specific, measurable, and timely goals.
- Strengthen the Federation’s planned giving program and position the Federation as a community leader in planned giving. Collaborate with partner agencies and synagogues when appropriate.
- Develop strong relationships with current donors, provide leadership in the donor cultivation and stewardship process, and broaden the donor base.
- Recruit, develop, train, and provide leadership and direction to volunteers to build a pipeline of leadership for the future.
- Work with colleagues to develop opportunities for supplemental gifts to support specific Federation programs and activities.
- Assist with programming, events and committees for FRD, affinity groups and women’s philanthropy.
- Assist with the development of efficient processes and procedures to ensure the donors and volunteers experiences are positive and professional.
- Assist with the development of local, national and global experiences that highlight the agency’s impact.
- Become proficient with our CRM database and ensure that accurate donor information is maintained and prospect cultivation is actively tracked.
- Work with development and marketing colleagues to align overall fundraising strategies with our marketing and communications strategies.
- Be a team player willing to take on other responsibilities to support the overall goals of the agency.
- Consult with the Chief Development Officer and Executive Director on all philanthropy-related issues.
- Follow through on your commitments and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Uphold and exemplify the St. Paul Jewish Federation’s mission and vision
- Uphold and exemplify the leadership and behavioral competencies of the organization
- Execute professional, high level customer service, both internally and externally
- Attend Federation events as position requires
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings
- Carry out all other duties as deemed necessary to achieve organizational and team-specific goals
Experience and Qualifications
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required with 5+ years of proven experience in fundraising and volunteer management
- Must be a strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated success in major gifts fundraising & stewardship.
- Demonstrated success in growing financial resources and creating new partnerships.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing strategic activities.
- Experience with and knowledge about charitable gift planning and philanthropic vehicles.
- Strong emotional intelligence, communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to adapt communication style to interact with various constituencies and audiences.
- Demonstrated understanding of volunteer/professional dynamics.
- A self-motivated team player who can energize and lead both staff and volunteers.
- Dedication, flexibility, attention to detail and creativity are a must.
- Ability to work independently, perform well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks and exhibit sound judgment.
- Knowledge and experience in use of technology, social media, and donor relations software (knowledge of Arreva software is a plus.).
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, customs, values and traditions, including knowledge of Israel.
- Understanding of, and appreciation and passion for, the mission of the St. Paul Jewish community.
About the St. Paul Jewish Federation:
The St. Paul Jewish Federation is an 86-year old Jewish institution committed to ensuring the strength and future of the greater St. Paul Jewish community and its connection to world Jewry. Through our annual campaign, we support more than a dozen local, national and international agencies and programs. The Federation recently conducted a population study which showed that the community has significantly grown to 12,300 Jewish households within the greater St. Paul area.
How To Apply:
Only electronic applications will be considered. Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Kimberly McGlothlin at [email protected].