Youth Coordinator and Assistant Camp Director
Open until filled
The Youth Coordinator/Assistant Camp Director is responsible for oversight of JCC after school and school
release programming and serves as the Camp Butwin Assistant Director.
- Club J is an afterschool program that provides a balanced combination of structured activities and free choice time to provide a stimulating environment for children to grow.
- The School’s Out program is a full day care opportunity for school age children when school is closed for breaks, conferences, holidays. These programs include a field trip, swimming time, gym/outside play, and fun activities planned by staff.
- Camp Butwin is an outdoor summer day camp located on 88 acres in Eagan, MN. Campers spend their days swimming, horseback riding, boating, climbing on our rock walls, learning from our naturalist, playing sports, doing skits and theater, and just having plain summer FUN! Campers are entering grades Kindergarten-8th grade.
This key member of the Youth & Camping team ensures that all school-age and camping programs are designed and implemented with attention to detail to best meet the needs of our members. The ideal candidate for this position is creative, flexible, highly organized, excited to learn new skills, a problem solver, enjoys working with
humans of all ages, and loves to have fun.
We encourage all those interested to apply and encourage a cover letter that speaks to your interest in the position, and your unique qualifications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee in this position. Activities, duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
After School Care Program:
- Plan, implement and staff all Club J and School’s Out programs for children in grades K-6
- Work closely with the JCC’s Inclusion & Accessibility Coordinator to ensure that program meets our inclusivity goals
- Recruit, train and supervise program staff
- Maintain positive relationships and communications with participants, parents, and members
- Work internally with marketing department to successfully market and recruit for Club J and School’s Out programs
- Work on-site at Camp Butwin, the JCC’s summer day camp in Eagan, MN June-August
- Provide general leadership to camp staff and participants during the camp season, serving as a role model, mentor, and problem solver
- Plan, implement and supervise various parts of the camp program as assigned by the Youth & Camping Director, including program and activity specialists and areas
- Design and implement the JCC’s Counselor-In-Training (CIT) leadership program for teens in grades 9 and 10
- Work closely with the Youth & Camping Director and administrative team to create the orientation week schedule as well as daily and overall program schedules
- Coordinate and supervise all Camp transportation and other areas as directed
- Assist in setting up and maintaining camp software tools including registration and communication tools
- Attend all staff meetings before and during the camp season
- Assist in developing summer Jewish Curriculum for Camp Butwin and assist in preparing and leading staff training sessions on implementing summer Jewish Curriculum
- Maintain positive relationships and communications with participants and parents
- Collaborate with other departments such as Sports & Recreation and Cultural Arts departments to design and implement unique and creative enrichment activities for children in grades K-6
- Act as a representative of the St. Paul JCC’s Youth Department in the greater community
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Psychology, Education or related field
- Must be an energetic, creative, entrepreneurial team player, who is excited about youth programming
- Demonstrated professional experience working with children in a variety of settings
- Ability to plan and/or lead youth programs
- Experience hiring, training and supervising part-time program staff of various ages and experience levels
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with diverse populations
- Experience collecting and analyzing feedback from parents and children
- Ability to learn new software tools
- Experience/interest in social media communication
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and traditions
- Commitment to equity, diversity, environmental stewardship, and social justice
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven attention to detail, time management and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and dedication to providing exceptional customer service
- Commitment to the highest professional and ethical standards
- Director of Youth and Camping – Sabes & St. Paul
- Inclusion Director
- Director of Adult Services
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to verbally communicate with others. In the office setting, this is primarily a sedentary role, which requires the employee to sit at a desk for consecutive hours at a time using a computer or other office equipment. Additional physical requirements include occasional bending, crouching, reaching and lifting.
How To Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected].